Got past the anxiety and scored my first greasers

Daniel L

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Daniel
That's right folks, I made my cfi proud today with 4 out of 5 nice landings. One wasn't horrible but i dropped full flaps too high and was at 55kts on touchdown.

Anyway my confidence level is higher now. It was so satisfying setting down so smoothly and so consistently.

Sent from my cheap plastic brick using Tapatalk

I love progress.

In my experience learning does not happen in a straight line and you may back slide at some point.

Don’t let it discourage you.

I have over 2,000 landings in my log book and still occasionally have an inelegant one.

I love progress.

In my experience learning does not happen in a straight line and you may back slide at some point.

Don’t let it discourage you.

I have over 2,000 landings in my log book and still occasionally have an inelegant one.
Can you post some on youtube?

Thanks for the encouragement.

This made me laugh a bit. Quite an assumption that everyone videos their landings or posts videos on you tube. I don’t know if Vance does or not but I don’t do either one and I’m willing to bet a good number of pilots don’t.

Great job buddy. Always a great feeling to nail an awesome landing.

This made me laugh a bit. Quite an assumption that everyone videos their landings or posts videos on you tube. I don’t know if Vance does or not but I don’t do either one and I’m willing to bet a good number of pilots don’t.
I only asked him to post a vid sometime. Id like to see what a landing looks like of a pilot with thousands in the log. I didn't assume everyone records their flights.

I think it's true no matter how many landings you have: As soon as you think you'll never have another bad one, you'll have a bad one.

I looked on YouTube and this is the closest to a landing I could find.

I took a passenger up after flying in The Cable Air Show in 2014 and he used his cell phone.

I pulled the engine to idle at 10:30 on down wind and touched down around 11:00.

The Cable runway is downhill and off camber.

I have made a lot of landings since then and am a little smoother.

I had a video winning the spot landing contest at Santa Ynez at two feet but I could not find it.

A gyroplane landing tends to be slower than a fixed wing.

There is also video on You Tube of the Cable Airshow and the Hollister Air Show.

I think it's true no matter how many landings you have: As soon as you think you'll never have another bad one, you'll have a bad one.
I saw the govt. 757 practicing touch and go's today bounce one pretty bad. haha

this guy:
upload_2017-12-11_21-34-36.png

It looks like those greasers you were doing today :)

Only not as big of a cheesy newbie grin....
Ask me how I know.
HAH

Its like you were in the plane with me.

I’m willing to bet a good number of pilots don’t.
I videoed my flights when I started training, then about half way through I got tired of setting up the go pro and taking it down after every flight. Now that I have my PPL I want to start doing it again but just haven't taken the time.

I videoed my flights when I started training, then about half way through I got tired of setting up the go pro and taking it down after every flight. Now that I have my PPL I want to start doing it again but just haven't taken the time.
sounds like a good excuse as any to purchase your own aircraft. ;)

I recorded my take off from BQ1, but not the landing... or go-around...

None recorded since.

Back