Got my ticket punched today…

Congratulations!
It's a great feeling to be done with that.
Like you I'm working on my commercial as I write this. hoping to get it done in a month or two then onto multi.
wish you all the success ahead.

Congrats!
I have started my IFR journey starting Jan'2024... studying for my ground school and it sure does look exciting :D

Officially Instrument rated!

It was a pretty thorough evaluation. About a 2 hour oral and then a 1.7 flight. Overall the oral was straightforward and right by the ACS. We talked about weather a fair bit, rightfully so and covered about everything related to flight planning, approaches, approach charts, ODP’s, SID’s, STAR’s and all of the general knowledge about instrument flying. The flight was a bit more eventful. We did a hold, an RNAV, LOC and an ILS. The DPE had me do a hold at the IAF of the RNAV which was a new one for me, but luckily I caught the curveball and nailed it by simply suspending the GPS once established in the procedure turn. Sometime soon I’ll write up a longer debrief, but I’m thrilled to finally have my Instrument Rating completed - now I just need some clouds to play in!

Pictured here with FAA DPE Tony Walker.

View attachment 123258
Awesome! Good on ya.
Any advice for studying for the IR written?

Back