Got my first letter from NASA!

AA5Bman

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
He who ironically no longer flies an AA5B
Woo hoo! Got my first letter back from NASA! It happens to be an ASRS identification strip, but still, I'm sure they're looking for me to pilot their next rocket and that phone call is coming shortly!

In all seriousness, it's kinda cool to see that NASA logo and know that my secret misdeeds will forever be anonymous.

Woo hoo! Got my first letter back from NASA! It happens to be an ASRS identification strip, but still, I'm sure they're looking for me to pilot their next rocket and that phone call is coming shortly!

In all seriousness, it's kinda cool to see that NASA logo and know that my secret misdeeds will forever be anonymous.

Yeah, anonymous. That’s why they know your mailing address. ;) Secret, because they already know what you did. ;) Enjoy your last few moments of precipitous freedom, convict. Dead man walking...

Now that NASA knows you have misdeeds they may not want you landing on the wrong planet :)

Let me know when Space-X sends you something.

C’mon now. Whadja do.

One of my few regrets in life was not applying to be an astronaut when they were seriously looking.

But you’re already an as... oh, I misread that part. Carry on.
That is such a horrible insult! I'm reporting you to the moderators! You should be kicked off POA right now!

Calling me an ass is a venal insult to all the asses out there.

The first time I got the strip back in the mail my daughter had been the one to get the mail. She had this cool look on her face because her dad got a letter from NASA. I explained it to her. Now when one comes in the mail she just hands it to me and asks what I did wrong this time :)

Well, I applied to be a shuttle astronaut. My BSEE qualified me to apply, but the selected candidates had, at a minimum, Ph.Ds. I have a MSEE now, and am waiting for them to advertise for the next class. I’m in much better shape than John Glenn was when he got a ride.

Well, I applied to be a shuttle astronaut. My BSEE qualified me to apply, but the selected candidates had, at a minimum, Ph.Ds. I have a MSEE now, and am waiting for them to advertise for the next class. I’m in much better shape than John Glenn was when he got a ride.

They'll probably vet you pretty good. Maybe you should lose that Crashnburn handle.:p

I met and spent time around 2 astronauts before they were astronauts. They had one thing completely obvious in common...from the minute I met them and for as long as I was around them their life seemed to have but one goal...to be an astronaut. The first was a Navy doc temporarily assigned to our submarine before we started deterrent patrols. The second I met in the standard Calc, Physics and Engineering classes in college. Their determination was very impressive. IIRC, the doctor rode the shuttle and the Mech Engineer rode the shuttle and the space station. Neither were pilots to start.

How well do you speak Russian?

I too just received my one and only NASA "confession" reply today. Basically no follow up. I sent the NASA report back in July... they must be backed up with all of the honest people out there, that's a good sign.

Off-topic, are you in the shadow of Gore Mtn? It's been years, but the gondola there was way-cool.

Yeah, we can see the mountain from the house, and a little section of a chairlift. It’s pretty cool. To keep this on topic, I *AM* NASA. (Near A Ski Area)

Back