Got a ticket today, and it wasn't from law enforcement.

djpfinancial

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
N8094C
Almost five months ago to the day I purchased my Cherokee 140 / 160hp. Took my oral On Friday and had to wait for weather today to fly! Nailed it! Lots of good advice here!

Thanks,
Dave

Man, I love to read that!

Conga Rats!

Congrats!! Tells us about it.

Been wanting to get my license now for 10 years or longer, decided to make the commitment last year. Looked around for a while and then came across a 1970 Piper Cherokee, loaded up. Bought it, annualed it, flew it, and today passed it!

Dave

Almost five months ago to the day I purchased my Cherokee 140 / 160hp. Took my oral On Friday and had to wait for weather today to fly! Nailed it! Lots of good advice here!

Thanks,
Dave

Whoohoo! Congrats! Now enjoy the heck out of that Cherokee. That was my second airplane and loved every minute flying it. Now I instruct in one pretty much every day and still love that little flying machine.

Safe travels!

536F70E3-EC7F-499F-9727-52867C404C7E-4365-00000696A061D49C.jpg

Love it!

Dave

Congrats! That's refreshing to hear, it seems all I do now is get speeding tickets.... (just kidding. not that bad, but seriously.... )

Maybe not so ancient but definitely eternal! :D
Oh yes it is. We continue to demonstrate that the "son of the founder" didn't have very good judgement.....Dedalus went flying in a heck of a temperature inversion....

Last edited:
Nice work sir! Envious of your plane. Hope to own one myself in the future. Enjoy your new privileges and fly safe! Any plans for your first flight with your PPL?

Thanks all for the positive comments!

Plan to do some local flights with passengers more or less sightseeing. Then the first cross country will be from KBGM (home) to KGON with a friend of mine to go look at a boat in the next week or so. From there, wherever, whenever possible!

Dave

Congratulations and well done. Welcome, pilot.

Hey, and I got a ticket today and it wasn't from the FAA :confused: (well, let me off with a warning, 'mind your speed')

Congratulations! Great achievement, only 0.2% of the population get to that point.

Love that color scheme btw. In between, there were a couple of years when piper got it right.

How did you find your instructor ? The 'buying a plane to learn' issue comes up here once in a while. Your successful outcome may be a worthwhile example for people who are thinking about going that route.

I offer sincere congratulations, BUT.... you still owe us a checkride writeup. It's mandatory!:D

Congratulations, and welcome to the club. Drinks on....oh never mind pilots are a bunch of tight wads you wont get any free drinks from us....:goofy:

Back