Gorgeous day but still grounded :(

BigBadLou

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Lou
After weeks of LIFR here, we finally have a gorgeous VFR day.
But I am still grounded due to winds 28G40, until midnight. :(
So I didn't get any flying in all weekend.
How I will survive the next work week, I do not know. :(

Please feel free to commiserate.

Confused.... Whats the problem? :dunno:

We all need a PC simulator for times like this. :) :cool:
Until the fog today we have had beautiful sunshine the past few days, but the winds off the Continental Divide have been hellacious and roaring, too much to safely open the hangar door.

Where are you?

Unless it is a crazy cross wind, let's go out and get you over this insecurity.

It was great Cub flying weather today in Houston!

(If I had left the Cub parked outside, I guarantee it would have been flying...on it's own)

Where are you?

Unless it is a crazy cross wind, let's go out and get you over this insecurity.
Yup, it was direct xwind, exceeding the limitations of my airplane.

But I did get a flight in last night. It wasn't as windy (only 15G20) so I flew another pup to Abilene. A "little puppy" this time meant a 90-lb Great Dane. :D
We had 30kts on the nose on the way there so we flew slower than a Skyhawk but blasted like a rocket back home! :)
I had my fix. I am good for now. No itchy arms, no shakes.
But they'll come back soon.
Fortunately, I have 2 more trips planned. 1 for Sat, 1 for Sun. Including some cloud busting. Boo-yah! :)

Flew over to Sebring yesterday ,had to hold for over an hour due to heavy fog. Flight back was windy but fun.

Grounded for at least three months due to foot surgery. My Bride did get me out to the hangar yesterday to check on the battery minder and a do a knee scooter walk/roll around. I hope to be back in the air in April.

Confused.... Whats the problem? :dunno:
Because it was almost a direct crosswind for 17/35. 280 at 28 G 40 all day on Sunday. Was too scared to even ride my motorcycle to church. Rode about 2 miles south on I35 and then turned around.

Because it was almost a direct crosswind for 17/35. 280 at 28 G 40 all day on Sunday. Was too scared to even ride my motorcycle to church. Rode about 2 miles south on I35 and then turned around.

I was trying to be funny...... Sorry it didn't convey. That day we had some pilots with extreme TB reported in the SE area. A few had structural damage. We were right on the edge of the lows center and it was absolutely whipping at altitude.

I know the feeling, as I was grounded last night too, but it was my own fault: weather was predicted to be poor. When I got home from work, I had a whiskey and coke with dinner. After dinner, I went to the airport to sit in my man-cave-hangar, and the weather cleared up nicely....doh! A couple planes were in the pattern, and I was stuck on the ground, having had alcohol just an hour or two prior.

Back