GoPro Editing Question

EminiTrader

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Emini Trader
Hey guys - busted out the ole gopro today.. And using gopro editing software (current version)

I know how to add clips and music. But is there a way to mute the music to hear the ATC..

So music playing in the background the whole ride, but it mutes during pertinent ATC calls??

Been messing with this for awhile - thinking it can't be done...

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Hey guys - busted out the ole gopro today.. And using gopro editing software (current version)

I know how to add clips and music. But is there a way to mute the music to hear the ATC..

So music playing in the background the whole ride, but it mutes during pertinent ATC calls??

Been messing with this for awhile - thinking it can't be done...

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Not sure if it is possible on the Go Pro editor. If I want music and ATC, I usually play it over the plane's audio panel and let the panel's muting function cut the music out.

Have you look at any of the higher end editors? Some may be able to do it and often you can get a free 30 day trial on them.

Don't know of this is possible on the GoPro editor, but others will allow you to add your audio track and manually select places to mute or even just lower the volume.

Might even consider a separate audio editor like Audacity to combine the two audio tracks and add the edited result back to your video (if your GoPro is pointed at you, might lead to some synchronization issues). That's actually what I would do since I record my audio separately from my video to begin with.

The free windows movie maker can do that. You start with the go pro movie, then add the music soundtrack, and when you want to hear the radio, just lower the volume on the music track and raise it on the go pro track. When the radio call is over, you reverse the volume.

The free windows movie maker can do that. You start with the go pro movie, then add the music soundtrack, and when you want to hear the radio, just lower the volume on the music track and raise it on the go pro track. When the radio call is over, you reverse the volume.
Yep, MS MovieMaker does that.

Back