Google WTF?

cessna182b

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
DAVID JOHNSON
Over the weekend I noticed that the Google Home Page on my smartphone has changed. Gone is the familiar generally blank page containing a few frequently-used bookmarks. It has been replaced by a page containing multiple B.S. "News" stories - that do not interest me, and that I do not want shoved in my face. In fact my Bookmarks are nowhere to be found, and it appears that there is little I can do about the content. I can still find the websites I like to use - but have to type in the name (or part thereof) each time. It's a PITA!

Has anyone else noticed this? If so, what to do about it?

[…] Gone is the familiar generally blank page containing a few frequently-used bookmarks. It has been replaced by a page containing multiple B.S. "News" stories - that do not interest me, and that I do not want shoved in my face. [...]

Has anyone else noticed this? If so, what to do about it?

Just turning off the "Discover" option in the general settings for your account on the app seems to get rid of all the news stories… worked for me, anyway.

It's like on my iphone, when you recharge it and the battery gets to 80%, it turns a bunch of crap back on. I've got to go manually turn it off again when I take it off the charger.

Doesn’t happen to me. All my bookmarks are in my browser. I only use google when I want to find something.

Cheers

alternate search engines.

A solution much easier to implement with greater chance of success than those elusive "high TBO" alternate airplane engines... ;)

Google expanded their home page.

Is there a question?

Just looks like targeted news and ads. I open mine and I see aviation and video editing stuff.

Back