Goodbye to POA

PoAdeleted5

Deleted by User Request
Due to certain decisions by the POA management board, in which I do not feel I have gotten fair treatment, I'm signing off of this board.

See you guys on the red board.

I saw the thread in question, and provided this thread isn't deleted, I have to say, you got the screws pretty hard by the MC this time.

Sorry to see ya go. Godspeed elsewhere.

So now, we have the "N" word and the "M" word. Gotta love political correctness.

Last edited:
Public discussion of disciplinary matters is prohibited by the rules of conduct. Appeals should be submitted via PM.

The spin zone policies have been in play for some time and should come as no surprise to anyone. If you can't hold a discussion in the Spin Zone without making personal remarks, then you don't belong in the spin zone.

There are some on the MC who feel that even this thread should be deleted, but as long as it remains a "farewell" thread, and stays off the disciplinary action, personally I'm inclined to let it stand. (However, I may be overruled.)

Last edited:
larrysb said:
See you guys on the red board.

Not me.

Another great reason to avoid the spin zone. tailwinds larry, it was great talking AIRPLANES with you.

Hmmm...I do not know what happened, nor really care, however it is always sad to see just about any member of a board community leave.

However since I am on the red board a lot as well...see you there!

tonycondon said:
Not me.

Another great reason to avoid the spin zone. tailwinds larry, it was great talking AIRPLANES with you.
Every once in a while, something on the spinzone catches my eye and I make a mistake in reading it. I quickly realize why I don't regularly read it and back out. Some things just aren't worth getting worked up over.
Sometimes even AIRPLANES get heated (high wing vs low wing, Mooney vs Piper vs Cessna vs Tiger, etc) but that's mostly in good fun.
We're adults. Let's treat each other like we'd PREFER to be treated. There shouldn't be any reason for the MC to take punitive actions. Let's make their life easier.

Gerhardt said:
red board = ?
= the AOPA Forums site, so called because it uses a red background where POA's is blue.

BTW, if everyone behaved in SZ as they do on the rest of this site (and I'm talking about the same people who contribute intelligently elsewhere seeming to get an intrabrain short circuit in SZ), the PoA MC would have a lot less to do.

What's the M word? Management council? :rofl:

I must say, I just never caught back up with the spin zone after OSH this year, and I don't miss it a bit. Thanks a heap to the MC for splitting it out of Hangar Talk, something I'd asked for as far back as the old AOPA "yellow board" days. :yes:

Gerhardt said:
red board = ?

http://forums.aopa.org/index.php

That is where most of us originally met and discussed aviation. It was called the WebBoard back then. It shut down for several months and many of us were able to continue communicating here while it was down.

Actually, I enjoy it over on "the red board" and spend more time over there than here. Many of us spend time in both places. There are some great people over on the AOPA forum that don't come here and vice versa.

Diana said:
http://forums.aopa.org/index.php

Actually, I enjoy it over on "the red board" and spend more time over there than here. Many of us spend time in both places. There are some great people over on the AOPA forum that don't come here and vice versa.

Are there actual conversations besides: "Should I always use full flaps while landing?"

Ron Levy said:
BTW, if everyone behaved in SZ as they do on the rest of this site (and I'm talking about the same people who contribute intelligently elsewhere seeming to get an intrabrain short circuit in SZ), the PoA MC would have a lot less to do.
It's nice to dream, isn't it Ron?!

The impersonal nature of the Web certainly encourages a lot of very personal attacks. Can't we all be brothers (and sisters)?

flyersfan31 said:
The impersonal nature of the Web certainly encourages a lot of very personal attacks. Can't we all be brothers (and sisters)?
Frankly, it seems to be the nature of the material discussed in SZ (religion, politics, etc) which brings out the worst in folks who can otherwise conduct reasonably polite discourse on other less emotional subjects. If everyone here could discuss those matters with the same friendly attitude they show when discussing high-wing vs low-wing, there wouldn't be a problem.

Ron Levy said:
Frankly, it seems to be the nature of the material discussed in SZ (religion, politics, etc) which brings out the worst in folks who can otherwise conduct reasonably polite discourse on other less emotional subjects. If everyone here could discuss those matters with the same friendly attitude they show when discussing high-wing vs low-wing, there wouldn't be a problem.

In general, I think most here are pretty reasonable when it comes it getting personal. Now the 145 KTAS Arrow is another matter. :)

I do both boards, but I'm never in the SZ. I guess I miss the point. But I too am always sorry to lose a contrubutor.

Greebo said:
Public discussion of disciplinary matters is prohibited by the rules of conduct. Appeals should be submitted via PM.

The spin zone policies have been in play for some time and should come as no surprise to anyone. If you can't hold a discussion in the Spin Zone without making personal remarks, then you don't belong in the spin zone.

There are some on the MC who feel that even this thread should be deleted, but as long as it remains a "farewell" thread, and stays off the disciplinary action, personally I'm inclined to let it stand. (However, I may be overruled.)

Chuck, I am glad you let it stand. It reminds me of an old Japanese movie where the movie star says, "The Mountain Does Not Move." It was a cool movie.
ApacheBob

All it took was looking at two pages of one thread over there to remind me why I don't go there. Yikes.

I don't have time for two boards, and this one has been "home" ever since the yellow board went down. I like it here. :yes: :)

Back