Goodbye Santa Monica Airport

Umm... that's not an assertion, it's fact. High population densities lead to left leaning politics; low population densities lead to right leaning populations.

Absolutely.

Fortunately Texas is overwhelmingly rural and mid-density cities, which was the subject of my comment.

3393RP said:
Since that obviously isn't true in Texas...

InBev is Belgian actually.

Who woud've thunk the Belgians were bent on world domination?? :lol:

They're tired of people traipsing across their lawn leaving artillery craters everywhere.:mad: I liked my season in Belgium, had fun, good food, and made friends with Eddie Vandeput who was head of NATO operations at the time (don't know if he still is:dunno:) As long as they don't start replacing all the beer with Rodenbach we should be ok. I think that has some alien hybriding juice in battery acid, it tastes really off.:lol:

Budweiser sales have declined 12% and the brand has slipped to #3 domestically since InBev purchased A-B.

Budweiser sales have declined 12% and the brand has slipped to #3 domestically since InBev purchased A-B.

How much of that is the result of so many fantastic beer choices now? As the older generation dies off, the younger generation is checking out a whole host of options. I know I did.

I'm not sure what InBev could do to keep them number one? :dunno: What can you do with a brand like that that hasn't been done? I don't pay attention to the beer market, so who is number one and what did they do that was so innovative to steal away market share? Are there possibly a lot of beer drinkers that switched brands because they found out Budweiser is now foreign owned? That's something I might do.

How much of that is the result of so many fantastic beer choices now? As the older generation dies off, the younger generation is checking out a whole host of options. I know I did.

I'm not sure what InBev could do to keep them number one? :dunno: What can you do with a brand like that that hasn't been done? I don't pay attention to the beer market, so who is number one and what did they do that was so innovative to steal away market share? Are there possibly a lot of beer drinkers that switched brands because they found out Budweiser is now foreign owned? That's something I might do.

Ever since the diabetes diagnosis, I've generally avoided beer. But when I do make exceptions, it's for something better than a Bud.

Rich

Screw SMO. Airports are like chicks in a bar. If they don't want you then why waste your time trying to convince them? Just move on to one who interested. SMO has proven they don't want airplanes. Fine, **** off and enjoy your 'park'. There's other airports...

Screw SMO. Airports are like chicks in a bar. If they don't want you then why waste your time trying to convince them? Just move on to one who interested. SMO has proven they don't want airplanes. Fine, **** off and enjoy your 'park'. There's other airports...

Only problem is, eventually this is all that is left in the bar. :(

tonight-show.jpg

SMO is surrounded by even snootier folks than the ones who turned beautiful El Toro into an RV parking lot with a giant orange balloon.............you just can't argue with logic like that...........

Not surprised, Americans have developed a more sophisticated beer pallet than Budweiser provides for. Anheuser Busch though had been fostering other premium and non premium brands (around St Louis, no one drank Budweiser, they drank Busch or Michelobe as well as their light counterparts.) as well as several boutique brands. There were even some custom batches that were only available at the brewery store or Grants Farm for consumption at the stables. I haven't talked to friends at A-B recently, but non of them seemed perturbed at the takeover.

Wow, from SMO local politics to beer debates. What a great country.

(with attribution to Yakov Smirnoff; and now we can argue about vodka)

I didn't say they didn't deserve it. :D

But if you look back at the direction taken by Bud in ad campaigns the last few years they seem to be all over the place and nothing has been memorable.

Of course I don't even drink, so what do I know?

Best beer I've had in ages is Moose Drool out of Montana.

The brewery is across the street from the airport. But, moose drool is sort of the bud light of Montana beer. Or hell the bud light of Missoula beer. Olde Bong Water from kettle house is good, Bayern Dopplebock does the trick, BoBos Porter from Big Sky is good. All the beers from blacksmith down in Stevi are great.

Unfortunately, they've been known to morph dramatically by morning...

Yep - go to bed at 2 with a 10, and wake up at 10 with a 2.

:lol:

Back