Good World Series

It will be a good series as long as Chicago loses. Whether they win or lose though, there will be some serious riot action in Chicago.

C'mon man, people love the baseball.

Of course, I have not watched a single game all year, but I have looked at the standings a bit and to an extent am rooting for the Cubbies.

A lot of history on the line. Glad at least one of them brakes a 70-100 year curse.

If you're a baseball fan, and unless you live in Cleveland, you're probably a Cubbies fan this year.

C'mon man, people love the baseball.

Of course, I have not watched a single game all year, but I have looked at the standings a bit and to an extent am rooting for the Cubbies.
Being a Chicagoan, I'm totally looting for the Cubbies tonight! Rooting! I meant rooting...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

It will be a good series as long as Chicago loses. Whether they win or lose though, there will be some serious riot action in Chicago.
Normally I'd say...I don't think people riot for baseball.

But then, it is Chicago.....

Normally I'd say...I don't think people riot for baseball.

But then, it is Chicago.....
Ha. The Cubs are from the north side. Up here we're *civilized* (says the guy that grew up a mile from Sox park)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Don't really have a dog in this fight, but I'm leaning for the Cubs and Jason Heyward. If Cleveland loses, it will be an awful feeling to be 3-1 and lose the series 4-3.

Not a huge baseball fan, but this is pretty cool.

I'm in clevland for work. At the game, and this has been a roller coaster to watch

Anyone ever wonder why it always goes to 7 games? How much money is made by filling those stadiums for 4 more games. ( had they won 4 games ) tonights game was a good one.

Anyone ever wonder why it always goes to 7 games? How much money is made by filling those stadiums for 4 more games. ( had they won 4 games ) tonights game was a good one.
Dropped ball in game 6. I thought the same thing as you at that point.

ReturnOfTheFlyingPigsCROPPED_1.jpg

You're right. I've got no particular favorite in this one, but you have to admit it was exciting. About the only thing that could make it better would be if they universally got rid of the god-awful DH rule.

True story (didn't happen at Oshkosh): I'm the youngest of 6 boys. All of my brothers were accomplished athletes, including one holder of an NCAA championship ring.
Not so for Ravioli. I was a pretty good swimmer and an average water polo player.

Anyway, having never been into sports to the extent they were, in the late 70's the NBA Championship was going on and it went to game 7 and I'm like, "of course they go 7 games. follow the money". I was around 10.

If you're a baseball fan, and unless you live in Cleveland, you're probably a Cubbies fan this year.

So true. I have yet to fun into a Cleveland fan but among my friends and acquaintances they were all cheering for the cubs.

It turned out to be a great series with two very well-matched teams. Final composite box score:
--------------- R H E
Chicago ---- 27 61 5
Cleveland -- 27 55 6

It just doesn't get more even than that. The (slightly) better team won!

Last year the WS went 5 games.

The World Series traditionally began in 1903 and there were a couple of years when it wasn't played. Best I could find with a quick Google search, there have been 38 game 7s, so roughly 1/3 of all WS have gone 7 games.

By the way, that's almost as many times as the Yankees have been to the World Series.

Dropped ball in game 6. I thought the same thing as you at that point.

I used to be that jaded. But when you add up how much being a World Series Champion is worth no team is going to risk giving that up for an incremental pay day.

Last edited:
I am a Braves fan and for the last few weeks I have been a Cubs fan, they have two former Braves Jason Heyward and David Ross on the team. It was a good series and I normally don't watch the world series unless the Braves are playing and that's been many moons ago. Good to see the curse broken after only 108 years!!

I used to be that jaded. But when you add up how much being a Word Series Champion is worth no team is going to risk giving that up for an incremental pay day.
Those guys playing want it over in 4 as long as they win! TV loves the 7 game series, but the players just want to win. This series couldn't have been scripted better by the best writers in Hollywood!

Someone made a Facebook comment:

>>>
How to win the World Series.
Step 1: Don't win for a long time
Step 2: Sign Ben Zobrist
Step 3: Have him play every position (because he can)
Step 4: Rings
<<<

This formula has worked 2 years in a row.

Someone made a Facebook comment:

>>>
How to win the World Series.
Step 1: Don't win for a long time
Step 2: Sign Ben Zobrist
Step 3: Have him play every position (because he can)
Step 4: Rings
<<<

This formula has worked 2 years in a row.

Lol, yeah I'm a Royals guy but my sister is a Cubbies fan. I kept telling her "you're welcome" every time Zobrist did something good at whatever position they had him in. I didn't have a dog in this hunt, but I was pulling ever so slightly for the Cubs. Longer drought, a loyal fan base, some respectable players (on/off field), and a lot of history. I do like Francone though, so I wouldn't have been upset for the Indians to win it out. Good series overall.

I'd like to see the stats on this year's post-season: DH batting/slugging/OPS numbers vs NL pitcher batting/slugging/OPS numbers.

AL teams build a lot of their offense around their DH, and when they play NL rules they have to lose that player. The NL teams build their offense around NOT having that DH and when they play AL rules they get the bonus of a DH. I wonder how close the NL pitchers might have come to the same numbers the AL DHs put up?

My boys, 7 and 9, got into it. We're Angels fans, but along with much of the country had to root for the Cubbies. I let my boys stay up way late last night on a school night to watch that historic game (west coast, fortunately). I tried to explain to them that they will remember watching this Series for the rest of their lives. Baseball, and sports in general, doesn't get any better than this Series.

Back