Good resource for looking up airport operating hours?

alexcr

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
alexcr
I'm trying to figure out the latest possible departure times for a number of different airports, and am not quite sure where to look.

I thought AirNav might have this information, but I'm not finding it there, or perhaps am simply not looking in the right place.

Thanks in advance for any guidance folks can provide!

If you mean "during this COVID-19 threat era", then all this is so fast-moving there's no telling. You just have to call the airport the day you plan to depart.

If you mean "during normal times", then most airports are 24/7. The FBO may have reduced hours, but the airport itself is open, assuming you have access to the airplane. If you need FBO services, the best option is to call the FBO directly. I have found that, especially with smaller airports, web sites and information on Airnav (down in the FBO section) is sometimes not updated quickly if the hours of operation change.

I called before I flew last week and the guy on the other end really seemed lonely and wanted to talk more than I needed. When I arrived, we had another long talk on the radio. He told me several times the FBO building was closed to visitors but he could bring fuel but I used the self serve.

Back