Good Ol' days

Here's a list of a few outfits where you can get a ride in a warbird, and includes a couple that offer P-51 rides:

http://www.warbirdalley.com/fly.htm

Lee Lauderback's Stallion-51 in Kissimmee, FL offers checkouts, also.

Bring your checkbook.

I was down there in 71 or 2, flew the SNJ to prep for the 51, ran out of time and had to come home, never was able to get back.

always wished that i had.

wesleyj said:
I was down there in 71 or 2, flew the SNJ to prep for the 51, ran out of time and had to come home, never was able to get back.

always wished that i had.
Oh man, what a bummer. But, hey I've always wanted to fly a SNJ.

Steve, I think the difference is, none of those places will let you solo a P-51, and certainly none of 'em are giving you 10 hours in an SNJ, 2 hrs in a p-51, a few hours and type rating in a b-25 and some stearman time for $1800, even corrected for 2007 dollars.

Steve said:
Lee Lauderback's Stallion-51 in Kissimmee, FL offers checkouts, also.
Sigh...

That's me in the back seat. Photo by Lyn Freeman in Crazy Horse.

Attachments

• P51.JPG
    P51.JPG
    395 KB · Views: 11
Ken, maybe you can answer this for me. Isn't Crazy Horse a Cavalier TF-51D ? That extended vertical stabilizer and rudder looks like one of the Mustangs rebuilt for COIN operations by Cavalier.

Frank Browne said:
Ken, maybe you can answer this for me. Isn't Crazy Horse a Cavalier TF-51D ? That extended vertical stabilizer and rudder looks like one of the Mustangs rebuilt for COIN operations by Cavalier.
Maybe I could, but I can't. :dunno:

Back