Good News!

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
Hi all,

Just received a call this morning and I have been selected by the pilot board to be a pilot in the USAF. More information to come later.

Best,

Hi all,

Just received a call this morning and I have been selected by the pilot board to be a pilot in the USAF. More information to come later.

Best,
Congrats Rudy!

Rudy, I am soooooo happy and excited for you!!!! :goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy:

Can't wait to tell Tom!!

Please give us more information when you have time. :yes:

WOW!!! The dream come true!

I'm impressed and jealous, Rudy!

Hi all,

Best,
Wow!

Congrats!

For those of you who don't know Rudy, he started posting on the AOPA Webboard back before they closed it down and then he came over here in 2005. He was a student pilot at that time. Rudy's grandfather is our local DE and posts here on the blue board on occasion.

I'll have to dig out some photos of Rudy from the old days. :yes:

I'll have to dig out some photos of Rudy from the old days. :yes:
Don't mind me, I talk to myself a lot. Happens out in the boonies. :D

Here are some of those photos. One is from the time Henning was here and Rudy flew in with his little brother and Lance and Jesse flew down and other people came too. The last one is Rudy from last August when he flew into the farm for my birthday party. There are some photos of Rudy and Jim Belew at Gaston's somewhere here in a Gaston's thread.

Attachments

• Rudy Belew Dec 26 2004 028 (1200 x 900).jpg
    Rudy Belew Dec 26 2004 028 (1200 x 900).jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Rudy and Tom March 2005 002 (1200 x 900).jpg
    Rudy and Tom March 2005 002 (1200 x 900).jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Rudy Belew April 30 2005 038 (1200 x 900).jpg
    Rudy Belew April 30 2005 038 (1200 x 900).jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Rudy Belew April 30 2005 041 (1200 x 900).jpg
    Rudy Belew April 30 2005 041 (1200 x 900).jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Rudy and Jim Belew May 27 2005 007 (1200 x 900).jpg
    Rudy and Jim Belew May 27 2005 007 (1200 x 900).jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Henning visit Feb 2007 015 (970 x 748).jpg
    Henning visit Feb 2007 015 (970 x 748).jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Henning visit Feb 2007 080 (1500 x 1356).jpg
    Henning visit Feb 2007 080 (1500 x 1356).jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2388 (1632 x 1224).jpg
    IMG_2388 (1632 x 1224).jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 46
All we can do now is hope that he flies the crappiest, most outdated, least cool plane the AF has. :D

Which still beats out your plane in the Cool-o-meter. :rolleyes:

And what kind of plane do you own? Oh right. Maybe you should own one before you open your mouth. Besides, the :D at the end of my post was really just an indication of jealousy.

Question is, what plane in the USAF inventory can he use when he deviates and visits us at Gaston's? :D

---

Good on ya', Rudy!

And what kind of plane do you own? Oh right. Maybe you should own one before you open your mouth. Besides, the :D at the end of my post was really just an indication of jealousy.

I have TWO "better then mine" planes... How many planes do you have? Oh right. And what do you pay for it? Oh right. :D

Why would I want to own one when I can fly one when ever I want for pennies on the dollar?

I saw the :D... Didn't you see the :rolleyes:?

I know you were jealous.... so am I... (of Rudy, not you :devil:)

Because I can fly a night XC w/o having to be instrument rated or on an IFR flight plan. Oh yeah, and I don't have to clear any flight with anyone except.....me!

I have TWO "better then mine" planes... How many planes do you have? Oh right. And what do you pay for it? Oh right. :D

Having flown those planes for close to 200 hours, they are definitely not "better than mine" planes.

You own zero planes, so the answer is Ed has 1 and have you 0. You have access to two planes. Access can be taken away at any point in time for any number of reasons, you can't fly night VFR, you need to clear long trips (>500 nm and/or >48 hrs) prior to making them, and you aren't allowed to bring animals on the plane. For what you do, it's fine (mostly). For what Ed and I do with our planes, it's not.

Calm down children! Dont make me turn this thread around! :D

Congrats Rudy, not the path I will chose for myself but extremely cool!

Good deal Rudy! I'ts been fun to read your posts over the years and follow along with you and your progress.

Matt

Best of luck to you. It's a long road, but it's worth it. If you ever want to talk about UPT and what to expect, shoot me a PM. Military aviation is a lot different than GA. Your GA experience will help tremendously, but things work a bit different on the mil side. (not better or worse, just different)

Get ready for the best year you'll never want to repeat in your life...

Evil
CAFB class 00-15

I'm thinking it would be cool to convince the CO to let you take the T-6 II into Gaston's...

Best of luck to you. It's a long road, but it's worth it. If you ever want to talk about UPT and what to expect, shoot me a PM. Military aviation is a lot different than GA. Your GA experience will help tremendously, but things work a bit different on the mil side. (not better or worse, just different)

Get ready for the best year you'll never want to repeat in your life...

Evil
CAFB class 00-15

+1. I concur 100%. Congrats Rudy!! You're gonna work your butt off but will look back on it as one of the best years of your life. Did you do ROTC or OTS?

Excellent Rudy! Give me a call if you need me to hand prop your F-22 :D

Good going.

Let me know if you do CBM. I have some contacts in the area.

Don't mind me, I talk to myself a lot. Happens out in the boonies. :D

Here are some of those photos. One is from the time Henning was here and Rudy flew in with his little brother and Lance and Jesse flew down and other people came too. The last one is Rudy from last August when he flew into the farm for my birthday party. There are some photos of Rudy and Jim Belew at Gaston's somewhere here in a Gaston's thread.
Oh man, next we'll get baby pictures.
Good going Rudy.

Based on what I watched happen to a local fella who was selected for navy flying, you may want to be real quiet about your private pilot ticket once you hit training...

Our local guy grew up in an FBO family, learned to fly before he could drive, had a CFI ticket, unlimited low level aerobatic show waiver, etc... When he got to navy flight school, this was constantly thrown up in his face by a couple of the instructors... He is quiet, not a braggart, not a show off, not confrontational... But it just dogged him... One instructor told him he was being watched and he would be washed out the first time he did anything wrong... No one is perfect... He did make an error in identifying a target in a simulated combat night training mission, and was promptly reassigned to non flying duty (recruiter) for the rest of his hitch...

Today he is flying an airliner, so happy endings are possible, but he feels he was held to a different standard than the other pilots simply because of his being a pilot before going into training... Just something for you to be aware of... Good luck...

denny-o

Way to go. That is really great. Good luck with your training.

Back