Good Job

wangmyers said:
I'm also posting now to let you know that I won't be visiting this board for some time, possibly ever again.

Although I'm very sad to see you go, I understand your position and respect your decision. I really enjoyed talking about things IR. I sure hope we'll all see you here again sometime soon. Fair winds and happy flying!

wangmyers said:
Friends,

I'm also posting now to let you know that I won't be visiting this board for some time, possibly ever again. I am also disabling PMs.
Thank you,
Benjamin Myers

Ben .. I'd hope you'd reconsider that. There's always cowards out there
that like to do their attacking anonymously. I've never seen any posts
from you that weren't good ones and hope you continue to contribute.

RT

Greebo said:
Notable moment: Greebo and Joe agree on another issue. (It's not the first, but it's not common :) )

Joe's on the money here.

And Joe, if you've been getting hate Reps, do please let me know via PM.

The RoC covers ALL aspects of this forum's operation.

Been a long time since I've gotten "hate mail." Then again, I don't participate as much here as I used to. All I've gotten lately is a couple negative hits, valid ones from the giver's viewpoint I suppose, with points that I think would have been better addressed, and actually contributed to the conversations, had they been posted in the threads concerned. Why ask a valid question in the reps, with no way to respond or get other's inputs?

Funny, I never even think to check the reputation stuff. Your post reminded me to look for the first time in maybe 8 months. I haven't had a rep post since something like October. :dunno:

I post because I want to talk about stuff. I reply and chat with people who both agree with and disagree with me through the the medium of the thread itself. I occasionally PM someone, and certainly respond to PMs.

I guess what I am saying is that the rep stuff is so unimportant to me that I just don't bother with it. And I am one of the "thin skinned" people who will avoid posting on controversial threads where I don't want to get into a flame war with someone over. I.E. I don't post politics or religion, with very rare exceptions.

I hate to see you leave us for something as unimportant in the grander scheme of things as anonymous rep point bashes/posts, Ben. Your questions almost always start long and interesting aviation discussions. Your background and employment make you a unique individual on this board, and the other board as well. Your constant yearning for more knowledge on all things aviation has helped many of us grow and develop. I did my IR training at basically the same time as you. And I learned from your questions. And you reassured me that I wasn't just hopeless, by having some of the same struggles as me.

I'll be sorry to see you stop posting. Frankly, I don't think you will find a friendlier place. Good luck.

Jim G

lancefisher said:
Chuck, is there any way you could make particpation in the rep system optional on a member by member basis? Those who opt out could have a unique rep symbol with a mouseover balloon that says "member choses not to particpate in the rep system" or something like that and attempts at giving/taking points would return a similar message. Not only would this be likely to satisfy anyone who dislikes the concept, but it would give you implicit feedback WRT the popularity of the feature.
Not Chuck but my own take on it is: just ignore it. There is NOTHING mandatory about paying attention to the system. Nor are there any requirements that you need to participate in it except for the fact that others can give you negative or positive points. That's it.

RotaryWingBob said:
Ich liebe dich nicht! Ich liebe nur meiner Frau!

German grammar Polizei..."meine" Frau. (I assume your wife is of the feminine gender :D )

To reiterate a very important point -- there is no such thing as total anonymity in the repution system. Folks making those posts better realize that while the target of the post cannot see who posted a reputation comment, Management can. Now, we don't have time to monitor every single reputation post, but if someone brings to our attention an inappropriate comment, we will (as in Ben's case) take appropriate action, and such harassment will stop. PoA is the front porch of the old house at the airport with rocking chairs and sweet tea, not the bleachers at Yankee Stadium with megacups of beer*, and we intend to keep the discourse appropriately civil.

Ron Levy
Management

* Sorry, NY'ers, but after those incidents with fans and pitchers in the bullpen last season, I think you understand what I mean. I could as easily have used the University of Maryland's basketball arena.

* Sorry, NY'ers, but after those incidents with fans and pitchers in the bullpen last season, I think you understand what I mean. I could as easily have used the University of Maryland's basketball arena.
Use WVU - as a Mountaineer m'self, I can say, we're proud of that behavior.:rofl::rofl:

Greebo said:
Use WVU - as a Mountaineer m'self, I can say, we're proud of that behavior.:rofl::rofl:

Yeah, nothing says "I'm a fan" like burning every couch in the county...:D

Bill Jennings said:

Wow, you must have some trasnsfer students from MSU!

Missa
-Just remember to have the viedo camera rolling to remember the moment and to provide evidance for the court date.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Greebo said:

Which is why the young saints at Marshal make that institution vastly superior :D

Joe Williams said:
Which is why the young saints at Marshal make that institution vastly superior :D
Oooh, them'd be fightin werds!!!

Well they would have been iffen I ever cared about that rivalry. Actually I considered Marshall.

And besides, Marshall is part of WVU now. :)

Man I leave for a few days and things just go to hell in a hand basket. Sheesh:dunno: . Seriously Ben I hope ya don't leave don't know what else to add other than Yeah some folks can be bone heads happens in life and on the internet too. I'm not a huge fan of anon features except in med matters and never again thats why my name is on everypost. Hope you can get past it, as someone above put it why let one bone head ruin what you enjoy. Apparently he/she has been spanked. give it another chance perhaps the problem has been solved.

Bill Jennings said:

Well, at least it's not Detroit where they burn cars... ;) ;) :D

I was gonna be a bit more blunt...but I'm in a nice mood.

Ben - why would you leave because of a negative rep point and the anonymity of it? Next to a negative rep point that threatened physical violence and used your address, I can't imagine anything that bad.

Plain and simple, it would suck to see ya go, but if something this small would make ya go, I'm sure there is something else right behind it that would make you go as well.

FWIW - was I the only one that saw that thread taking a turn for the worse with the rep points?

Lance F said:
German grammar Polizei..."meine" Frau. (I assume your wife is of the feminine gender :D )
Grammar was never my strong point, Lance... And yes, she had the correct gender last time I looked ;)

SkyHog said:
(snip) FWIW - was I the only one that saw that thread taking a turn for the worse with the rep points?
I didn't see it, but my wife generally calls me "Mr. Oblivious" ...

SkyHog said:
I was gonna be a bit more blunt...but I'm in a nice mood.

Ben - why would you leave because of a negative rep point and the anonymity of it? Next to a negative rep point that threatened physical violence and used your address, I can't imagine anything that bad.

Please see my new post.

Back