Good DPE in COlumbus Ohio area

MD11Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MD11Pilot
Daughter in Law is trying to get checkride done but winter weather etc is hampering her. Her CFI has her going down close to Cincinnati. Does anyone have recommendations closer to CMH.

I would think that the Columbus area would have some. Doesn't OSU have an aviation program? Maybe her CFI is just friends with the DPE down by Cincinnati.

You can search here.

Hey what about Martha from Flying magazine? Isn't she a DPE? Think she's in Cincinasty.

Hey what about Martha from Flying magazine? Isn't she a DPE? Think she's in Cincinasty.

Martha Lunken, I love reading her articles. She has a book out now and I am thinking of buying it. I know she gave checkrides when she was with the FAA but I don't think she is a current DPE.

Martha Lunken, I love reading her articles. She has a book out now and I am thinking of buying it. I know she gave checkrides when she was with the FAA but I don't think she is a current DPE.

I like her articles too. Let us know if the book is worth a read.

The OP doesn't want to go to Cinci from Columbus, that's an hour's flight and with the wx lately it would be difficult to schedule someone that wasn't local. That link shows a few including one in Picktown & another right here in CMH.

She is going to contact a couple here. Just curious because some DPE's can be difficult. Thorough is okay, unreasonable agenda is not. I work with a guy that was a DPE and notorious for busting people due to an older aircraft POH not up to his standards. Many screaming matches with instructors so the FAA recommended his retirement.

She did. Won't say anything about her. Enjoyed her writing. She seemed like a common sense Fed.

She did. Won't say anything about her. Enjoyed her writing. She seemed like a common sense Fed.

Agree 100%! I think she would be a hoot to know, so many experiences and great stories. She is my favorite columnist and I read her first. Just like the old days I'd read Morgan and Baxter first.

I've been at several events where she was present. She gets lots of attention as a pilot's kind of celebrity. The last time I saw her right after OSH she was very calm and helpful to this poor chap...0199f7bba4812961189bb72c488ea6faddfbf28937.jpg

I used the same guy out of CRW Charleston WV for my ppl and ir. Kind of the same issue as above being a hour flight away though. His schedule was pretty easy to work with though for the most part.

If your on Facebook, search the Ohio Pilots group. There was a post there a few months ago about a newer dpe just being granted privileges close to CMH

Thanks 'Dog, I remember reading that now. Although she F'd up, I think someone higher up was waiting, sorta like the Hoover deal in a way.

It is quite possible that someone higher up was waiting for her to make a mistake. I hear one of the big wigs in the FAA worked with her in the Cincinnati FSDO back in the day.

It is quite possible that someone higher up was waiting for her to make a mistake. I hear one of the big wigs in the FAA worked with her in the Cincinnati FSDO back in the day.

Yeah that's what I meant above. From her stories in Flying she was always ****in' off someone above her.

Tiffin Aire, Brad Newman, Tiffin, Ohio
Great guy, that's who I send people to.
Dave

Back