Gone for a week in Paradise

ReverendSlappy

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
ReverendSlappy
Yep, that's right, y'all get a break from my incessant nattering! Lucky you... But I'm even luckier, as I'm leaving tomorrow for the BVI and a week of sailing with my lovely girlfriend (who, not being the biggest fan of boats, gets a gold star for indulging me) and friends.

This is my second trip down there (and my friend's fourth), but I was wondering if any of you world-wise folks have any recommendations on things to do and see that I might not have heard of...

If you do, thanks in advance, and I'll be back here in the fray next Tuesday!

xbv61626.jpg

recommendations - leave your watch, your cell phone, your computer and anything else that requires electricity at home and have a ball. Leave a note at the front desk for a wakeup call to bring you back to reality just early enough to pack when it's time to come home.

Have a ball! I'm jealous!

Sounds nice. I head out to Hawaii tomorrow in the am but for work. The cruelest type of a trip to Hawaii

That's me on July 6. IEEE International Symposium on EMC. Committee meeting to chair. BoD meetings. And I'm on the symposium committee. Oh well, once it's over we take a week of vacation on a cruise around the islands.

recommendations - leave your watch, your cell phone, your computer and anything else that requires electricity at home and have a ball. Leave a note at the front desk for a wakeup call to bring you back to reality just early enough to pack when it's time to come home.

Have a ball! I'm jealous!

Thanks!

And yeah, that's the plan. I even had the email guys at work turn off forwarding email to my Blackberry, and gave them instructions that no matter how much I may beg, they were not to turn it back on until I get back. Kinda like going through rehab, I guess. :D

Anyway, the limo's gonna be here in a few hours, so I guess I'd better pack (Not that throwing a few pairs of swim trunks and some sandals in a bag is that hard).

Y'all have a great week, and all you Chicagoans, bundle up... I hear it's gonna be cold!!! <snicker snicker>:goofy:

That's me on July 6. IEEE International Symposium on EMC. Committee meeting to chair. BoD meetings. And I'm on the symposium committee. Oh well, once it's over we take a week of vacation on a cruise around the islands.

Kona at the Hilton Waikola Village per chance? IEEE 802 had an interim there a few months ago. This week is for the WiMAX Forum which is filed with guys from 802.16

Kona at the Hilton Waikola Village per chance? IEEE 802 had an interim there a few months ago. This week is for the WiMAX Forum which is filed with guys from 802.16

Hilton Hawaiian Village on Waikiki. Papers and technical exhibits will be in the convention center (a first class facility).

While you're in Kona, go fly. It's beautiful there.

Hilton Hawaiian Village on Waikiki. Papers and technical exhibits will be in the convention center (a first class facility).

While you're in Kona, go fly. It's beautiful there.

I difer on the Hilton is stinks to get checked in. This place seemingly has been designed by MC Escher. After hunting around for a bellman they told me it would be 30-60 minutes before my luggage would be brought up to my room. Parking is far away from the resort and to get to ones room you have to take a train or boat. I hate places like this. The Mauna Loa just a few miles further north is much nicer.

I difer on the Hilton is stinks to get checked in. This place seemingly has been designed by MC Escher. After hunting around for a bellman they told me it would be 30-60 minutes before my luggage would be brought up to my room. Parking is far away from the resort and to get to ones room you have to take a train or boat. I hate places like this. The Mauna Loa just a few miles further north is much nicer.

Just like the Leela in Bangalore... you walk in, 50 other westerners and yourself waiting in line to check in, and your bags disappear for about an hour. Except instead of missing your bags, you find yourself awestruck at the place.

I, for one, can't tell I'm in India (well, except for the lack of beef and TV) when I'm in the hotel.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Back