Going to digital log books.

I think I know which one you're referring to as well. It's open source, and backed up by a bank account and backup admins that will allow it to run for many years if the developer were to get hit by a bus.
How could you possibly know? :D

I'm old school, but not too long ago as I was getting ready to start knocking the 16 years of ground rust off I entered my paper book entries into a spreadsheet.
What prompted me was looking at my time in types. Once a long time back I had worked up a little list of all the different types I've logged, taped in the back of my logbook. I started bringing it current to fill out the rental paperwork when I had the idea of using a spreadsheet.

Ended up expanding it to include the full aircraft types (such as cessna 172N and cessna 172P, etc. instead of just calling it 172) as well as their serial numbers as much as I could find through N number lookups online.

and it morphed to also include the logbook hour entries as well.

At around 320 hours spread over about a dozen years mine is a bit more than the OP's but the point is it didn't take that long, just a little bit here and there spread over several evenings....and it was actually a very fun looking back and remembering. I actually found photos of some of the various airplanes flew and it was a hoot learning where some of them are now. Sadly I don't see anything on the 152 I first learned and soloed in...I think it was wrecked or maybe exported

but by far the best discovery was an old photo of the Aeronca Champ I worked on my conventional gear signoff in. I flew N3692E back in 1993-1994 out of JGG in Virginia, after getting my instrument rating and working on the multi. It was easily the most fun I've had flying.
Well found this very interesting story
https://generalaviationnews.com/2019/07/02/earthrounder-receives-wright-brothers-master-pilot-award/
complete with photo of the Champ six years before I was born!

Anyway, back on topic.... I've referred back to the spreadsheet many times now and have found it very handy for sure.
This reminds me, I need to go copy over my last flight!

People have said it enough times already but....myflightbook.com
Has everything you want. Nothing you don't.

Back