Going to be participating in an airport mentorship program!

N918KT

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KT
It's not a job exactly, but starting tomorrow for the next three weeks, I will be participating in a mentorship program at my local GA airport, where I will learn first-hand on what it is like to work in airport operations! I am going to be shadowing an airport ops employee.

I am excited for this and have been waiting on this kind of program for a little while now. Now it is finally happening!

Congrats,good luck ,you should enjoy it.

Looks like the perseverance is paying off.

Cool, I shadowed my father growing up so I have many real close looks at the ARFF equipment. Driving the Oshkosh Stryker is fun and if you get a chance spend some time with the ARFF guys, in my particular case the Line/ops guys also handled emergency response.

First two days of the shadowing went great! I learned some things like how to conduct an airfield safety inspection (which includes riding in a pickup truck down taxiways and even runways), learned how to do crowd control at an event since the Collings Foundation was there with its WWII planes yesterday and today, learned how to conduct a fuel farm inspection, learned how to do a perimeter security inspection, and learned how to file NOTAMs.

Can't wait for next week!

learned how to do crowd control at an event since the Collings Foundation was there with its WWII planes yesterday and today,

Can't wait for next week!

Did you see the ME262 ? I sure hope so, it's my favorite.

Did you see the ME262 ? I sure hope so, it's my favorite.

No the ME-262 was not there at all. There were the B-17 Flying Fortress, the B-24 Liberator, and the P-51C Mustang.

The Fortress bomber and the Mustang both left today for another airport in Maryland I believe. The Liberator bomber has to stay over the weekend since one of the engines is not working well.

Back