Going for BasicMed, wish me luck!

Yeah, Nick, it sure beats the old way! I assume BM has you back in the air as well?
Yep!

But then back surgery has me on the ground. But it’s nice to know it’s on my own terms, not on some two bit doctor that has his hands tied by an agency that doesn’t understand the basics of medical care and it’s limitations.

Yep!

But then back surgery has me on the ground. But it’s nice to know it’s on my own terms, not on some two bit doctor that has his hands tied by an agency that doesn’t understand the basics of medical care and it’s limitations.

Heal well, Nick. I hope this wasn't a legacy of your wrestling days.

Yep!

More importantly I believe it takes the majority of the fear away that prevent pilots from seeing their doctor. There are things the FAA requires an SI for that lots of people have that are not life threatening and simple tests can prove that.

I think in the long run we are going to have a healthier group of GA pilots out there flying. Sure there will be the few who still don't know how to self evaluate but for a lot of people this is a step in the right direction. Now if we could just get drivers license medical or at minimum allow people to start out with Basic Med that would be even better.

More importantly I believe it takes the majority of the fear away that prevent pilots from seeing their doctor. There are things the FAA requires an SI for that lots of people have that are not life threatening and simple tests can prove that.

I think in the long run we are going to have a healthier group of GA pilots out there flying. Sure there will be the few who still don't know how to self evaluate but for a lot of people this is a step in the right direction. Now if we could just get drivers license medical or at minimum allow people to start out with Basic Med that would be even better.
https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/com...-affect-how-often-you-consult-a-doctor.67412/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back