GNS530W

Joe_B1

Line Up and Wait
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Joe_B
Thinking of pulling my 530 waas and upgrading to a GTN650xi. Anyone know what a used GNS530W with trays and a yellow tag might be worth?

You might also inquire about a trade-in with your avionics shop. They offer trades for a good waas unit.
Also I believe Sarasota Aviation is offering a pretty decent swap for 750w. Check their website.
https://sarasotaavionics.com/gtn-upgrade-promotion

Last edited:
You might also inquire about a trade-in with your avionics shop. They offer trades for a good waas unit.
Also I believe Sarasota Aviation is offering a pretty decent swap for 750w. Check their website.
Spoke with the local shop, no trade ins but I have had pretty good success selling on here.

Last edited:
A swap to an Avivyne IFD540 would be two hours work, and trade ins are widely available.

Unless you have some other glass, doubt you would be happy with a GPS screen format smaller than your current 530W

* Orest
I have a 750xi

Ah, you are adding a second GPS. That wasn't clear.

Pull the 750, and slide in a 550 + 540. :)

Just kidding.

* Orest

Last edited:
I've not seen a lot of dual GTN's. Is it just for back up? Not sure what a GTN 650 does for you that a 750 isn't already doing.

Call Chase Larrabee at www.avionicssource.com. He might take your 530W in trade on an Avidyne IFD540. The Avidyne is a great upgrade, and a slide in replacement for the 530W.

Call Chase Larrabee at www.avionicssource.com. He might take your 530W in trade on an Avidyne IFD540. The Avidyne is a great upgrade, and a slide in replacement for the 530W.
Not going to put in an Avidyne, my whole panel is Garmin. The 650 integrates with all my other stuff. That is, it can provide me with a nav com radio that is controlled from the main 750, it can drive my autopilot as well as my 275's, it can auto fill from the 750, the databases can be updated through the flightstream from my tablet.

My 530 is a pain in the ass to update databases. The cards have to be removed, brought home and plugged into a special programmer. Inserting those cards gives me pain every time I plug one in. Bend one pin and the 530 is junk. Zap one with static and you are out $500.

The 650xi just works with what I already have. It looks like I will be able to get between 7K and 8K for my 530w, that makes the 650 a pretty easy upgrade financially speaking. So I am gonna do it, you can buy my 530w this winter ;-)

Back