GNS-530 questions

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
1. You are established on a star then atc starts vectoring you around where it is obvious you won’t be put back on it.
Is there a way to delete the star?
(I know you can just go D->dest, or enter an approach but I was wondering about deleting the star from the flightplan.)

2. It is handy to know how far you have flown sometimes; is that displayed anywhere on the 530?

1. You are established on a star then atc starts vectoring you around where it is obvious you won’t be put back on it.
Is there a way to delete the star?
(I know you can just go D->dest, or enter an approach but I was wondering about deleting the star from the flightplan.)

2. It is handy to know how far you have flown sometimes; is that displayed anywhere on the 530?

1. FPL, put the cursor on the Arrival, menu, remove arrival

2. ?

There is a field somewhere in the AUX chapter that will tell you how many cumulative miles the unit has flown (or since last reset I believe), but as far as I know, no "miles flown this flight", if that's what you're looking for. Various logbook apps and other flight track loggers for a tablet will tell you that, though.

Back