GNC355 RS-232 Interfaces

ZTatZAU

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ZTatZAU
Has anyone with a GNC355 and a GTX335wGPS&GAE12 transponder been able to send the GTX's encoder data to the GNC355 via RS-232? If so, I'd like to know it's configured?

I'm not interested in the GNC355 being the ADS-B source for the GTX335... I just want to share the transponder's encoder data with the GNC355.

Likewise, has anyone been able to connect a GNC355 and a JPI EDM-830 via RS-232 to display FUEL REQ/RES AT WPT/DST on the EDM? If so, I'd like to know the correct GPS-C setting on the EDM and the RS-232 configuration on the 355?

Thanks! ZT

Has anyone with a GNC355 and a GTX335wGPS&GAE12 transponder been able to send the GTX's encoder data to the GNC355 via RS-232? If so, I'd like to know it's configured?
Turn off the 355, then press and hold the knob while turning it back on. RS232 configuration is under the "interfaces" section.

Likewise, has anyone been able to connect a GNC355 and a JPI EDM-830 via RS-232 to display FUEL REQ/RES AT WPT/DST on the EDM? If so, I'd like to know the correct GPS-C setting on the EDM and the RS-232 configuration on the 355?
On the 355 select "Aviation Output Format 1" or 2.

Turn off the 355, then press and hold the knob while turning it back on. RS232 configuration is under the "interfaces" section.

On the 355 select "Aviation Output Format 1" or 2.
Sorry I wasn't more clear! I know how to get to the rs-232 setup; but I am wondering if anyone has actually been able to send encoder data from a GTX3XX to a GNC355 via RS-232.

There is some recent controversy as to whether the GNC355 can receive any data from the GTX3XX transponders and bidirectional interconnect diagrams in the 355 STC Install manuals may soon change to agree with the one-way only interconnect diagrams in the TSO Install manual.
I'd like to hear from someone who's either done it or tried it and knows for sure whether it works or doesn't work!

As for the EDM, "Thanks!", I was hoping the Aviation Output 1 would work.
ZT

... I know how to get to the rs-232 setup; but I am wondering if anyone has actually been able to send encoder data from a GTX335 to a GNC355 via RS-232... I'd like to hear from someone who's either done it or tried it and knows for sure whether it works or doesn't work!
Thanks! ZT
Thought I'd give this a bump... anyone?

Back