Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
Can someone explain the differences and pro's and con's
thinking of a G3x, GTN750 system

GMA350 has voice command
GMA350c has voice command and Bluetooth
GMA35c is a GMA350c without a front (meant to be remote operated), but it does have COM3 which the GMA350c doesn't. It can fit in the blank space behind the GTN750 screen.
GMA245 does not have voice command and is intended for experimentals. It also has a USB port instead of an AUX input.

GMA350 has voice command
GMA350c has voice command and Bluetooth
GMA35c is a GMA350c without a front (meant to be remote operated), but it does have COM3 which the GMA350c doesn't. It can fit in the blank space behind the GTN750 screen.
GMA245 does not have voice command and is intended for experimentals. It also has a USB port instead of an AUX input.
Can all be controlled via a G3x touch and/or GTN750?

Here are my 2 cents, IF you are going with the GTN750Gxi and you want GARMIN’s Telligence, then the 35c or 350c are your only options.

If you are not interested voice recognition and having a PTC (Push To Command) switch installed in your yoke, AND you have room for a stand alone audio panel, IMHO, there are a lot of benefits to consider the PMA450B.

If you are not interested voice recognition and having a PTC (Push To Command) switch installed in your yoke, AND you have room for a stand alone audio panel, IMHO, there are a lot of benefits to consider the PMA450B.
Does the PMA450B have RS232 to allow control by a G3x?

It does not. But, the PAR200B is an audio panel that has IntelliAudio AND a remote mounted Trig transceiver. So it could make for a great audio panel that would serve hi-if stereo Bluetooth music with a wide variety of music distributions. It also has very easy frequency storage and recall. Only the audio pane is mounted in your panel.

I recently installed a GMA350C to replace a GMA345. I would have gone with a PAR200B, but I wanted push to command. I added 4 buttons to the right side of my pilot yoke. They are
1) Play button - repeats up to 2 minutes of audio.
2) PTC - Allows me to voice control many functions.
3) Com swap - Switches standby to active frequency.
4) Nav swap - Switch standby to active frequency.

If you have a 750, give strong weight to the GMA35C unless you have plenty of extra panel space. Effectively you can do the 35C and a remote GTX345 transponder behind the 750 and consume no additional space. I am out of space in my panel and would have gone with a 750xi rather than a 650xi if I had remote mount options.

The push to command is a game changer for me. I can do a ton more without taking my hands of the yoke. It is much more rudimentary than Siri or Alexa. You've got about 200 commands you can call out. The best list can be found in the GTN manual. It works about 99% of the time. When it doesn't, it bonks to let you know. Having the play button on the yoke pays off too. I've used it to re-listen to weather, instructions given, and even what other pilots said. It takes a little getting used to, but it really helps.

Btw: When the GTN 750 is down, and therefore the interface to the GMA 35c is lost, you can make the GMA 35c switch to the other radio by pulling the audio panel's breaker (assuming it's a pull-off type). It might also be possible to command it to switch using the Push-To-Command functionality, but I'm not sure this functionality is fully independent of the GTN 750.

I've got the GTN750 with GMA35C and remote GTX transponder.
The good.. Everything is in one spot.
The bad.. Everything is in one spot.

Back