Glider pilot illegally arrested for flying over nuke plant

What you needed then was me! Copilot, WSO to return fire!
:rofl: Your targets would be small but probably be wearing orange. But then the plane had orange striping too...

he's also listed on facebook as a "local business" i got a chuckle out of that but held back from posting a smart-ass comment on his page.

he's also listed on facebook as a "local business" i got a chuckle out of that but held back from posting a smart-ass comment on his page.

Oh, the DCSO has a thread where they tried to criticize AOPA for going to print without a full investigation...so that's fine, but they can arrest someone without even knowing what law they broke.

https://www.facebook.com/DCSOSheriff

Could paint these on the glider's wings. It should truly and completely create brain lock for ol' Barney Fife...

y4usazyj.jpg

Appears that they are now deleting a lot of posts from their FB wall.

Appears that they are now deleting a lot of posts from their FB wall.

If someone's post was deleted on a "public forum" (including Facebook) they should contact the ACLU. Google Baker v. Honolulu Police Department. He sued after they deleted his and other peoples' posts and banned them (not for money, just to get his posts back and the ability to post again) and he "won" (HPD backed down).

If someone's post was deleted on a "public forum" (including Facebook) they should contact the ACLU. Google Baker v. Honolulu Police Department. He sued after they deleted his and other peoples' posts and banned them (not for money, just to get his posts back and the ability to post again) and he "won" (HPD backed down).

When I google that I only come up with a suit he filed concerning the 2nd Amendment.

My post (below) was deleted. Looks like they have locked their page so further comments can't be made.

Using the threat of criminal prosecution to dissuade an innocent individual from pursuing civil action against the sheriff's department is just disgusting. In other words, the sheriff's office is saying "we know you didn't do anything wrong, and we screwed up, but we're going to keep harassing you unless you sign here saying you won't take any action against us for our mistakes". Incredible. A simple "we're sorry" would garner some respect. Instead, the continued arrogance of the sheriff's department shows how little they care about the rights of the people they are supposed to protect.

If this wasn't such a serious deal, this whole FB and twitter thing would be hi-larious.

Nope, I just posted a link to the Hawaii deal there.

Then they are locking out people whose posts they've deleted. I no longer get the option to comment on any of their posts. I still have this option on other facebook pages.

Someone should post this on their page. A third party source that shows just how stupid their overreaction was, to people who know nothing about the threat (or absolute lack of a threat):
http://www.nei.org/newsandevents/aircraftcrashbreach/

Ahh what the hell... Posted. Here's proof.

If they remove it, I'll send a copy of the screenshot and an explanation of what they're doing to their local Press.

uhe5ases.jpg

I'm tired enough of local agencies not getting even the slightest training about aviation and then acting like they're freakin' Federal Air Marshals, so I put it up there.

It's not like there's any lack of resources to ask for information about aviation. All they have to do is call any of a myriad of groups who'd happily teach.

Ignorance is one thing, these guys went over the line into that phrase I've found so useful recently: Willful ignorance.

I left my $.02 on their wall as well...mostly out of curiosity to see if they'll delete it

Wild scary story! Now terrorist will know to go that plant as those morons will be scared to pull that **** again

Sure seems like they want to get this attention away from themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just can picture whoever it is that has to sit in front of the Facebook page 24 hrs straight to delete the messages that keep coming across.

Disappeared shortly after someone posted the link to the story where Honolulu PD got slapped down in a federal lawsuit for deleting critical posts off their FB.

So, when's someone going to create "DCSO Arrests People Who Commit No Crimes" page?

I love the Bill Of Rights!

lol. Barney on the run! Git the Barneys!!!

It has begun on the mounted patrol site. Not long before that disappears. Grab a few comments while they are there:

Lawreston Crute Were they among the moronic idiots who threatened to shoot down a glider pilot who was doing nothing chargeable, though they put him in jail, anyway; and threatened to "close down the airport;" and said they would release him IF he were to sign an agreement to not sue the officers or the department AFTER they knew they royally screwed-up? Which in this picture are the horses and which are the (horses') asses?
14 minutes ago

Andy Elwood So Barney Fife is alive and well at Darlington County Sheriff's Dept. Clueless cops that have no idea of Federal laws and disregard of Civil Rights.
3 minutes ago

Geez.............. The DCSO is digging themselves a HUGE hole..:yes:.

Where the hell is their attorney :dunno:...

Last edited:
It has begun on the mounted patrol site. Not long before that disappears. Grab a few comments while they are there:

Lawreston Crute Were they among the moronic idiots who threatened to shoot down a glider pilot who was doing nothing chargeable, though they put him in jail, anyway; and threatened to "close down the airport;" and said they would release him IF he were to sign an agreement to not sue the officers or the department AFTER they knew they royally screwed-up? Which in this picture are the horses and which are the (horses') asses?
14 minutes ago

Andy Elwood So Barney Fife is alive and well at Darlington County Sheriff's Dept. Clueless cops that have no idea of Federal laws and disregard of Civil Rights.
3 minutes ago

It looks as though they have deleted my tongue-in-cheek comment which docmirror reposted above. If I go into the FB page on which I posted, some other FB page comes up. :eek:))))

Back