Glass Much?

No ashtray? Times sure have changed.

Nice, verrrry nice... Is this for their new models?

I would expect just a little more for $60 million dollars.......(extreme sarcasm)

Very cool! Its also very sobering that just one of those 10 touch screens probably costs more than my entire plane.

I'm sure there is a lot of redundancy and failsafes in place but it still makes me nervous to think it's mostly touch. No steam gauges.

We should all go in on one.
I figure we need POA flight club franchises around the U.S anyway for us all to manage and rent from. This would be a good starter plane to prove we're legit.

All that money and it still looks like scrolling does on an underpowered android phone. (26 seconds in or so) it lags and jumps. Honestly as much as I trust glass to always work it still makes me leery to fully rely on it.

Also heard the pilot seat has a button for a "reach around"....it's optional for the right seat.:goofy:

Also heard the pilot seat has a button for a "reach around"....it's optional for the right seat.:goofy:
Dude, the pilots of these things are lowly servants. All the beautiful people are in the back.

Dude, the pilots of these things are lowly servants. All the beautiful people are in the back.

Maybe but in aviation, these guys are doing well.
I've know a handful of charter jet pilots. That is the gig to have if you want to get paid in aviation.

I have a friend that is getting $1200 per day to fly the global.

uh oh....captain obvious is back....:eek:

You know what's worse then being a sky chauffeur? Being a wannabe sky chauffeur. You drive the plane how nice, did you go to college for that?

I've know a handful of charter jet pilots. That is the gig to have if you want to get paid in aviation.

Ok, but how much does he get paid on days when the boss doesn't fly?

depends
He went to china for 14 days.

He flew there and flew back but got his rate the entire time he was there.
I don't know if that is typical.

depends

It is standard to get a daily rate plus expenses for the entire time you're gone on the trip. $1200 a day for a Global sounds low. Is he the sic?

It is standard to get a daily rate plus expenses for the entire time you're gone on the trip. $1200 a day for a Global sounds low. Is he the sic?

No. That's actually his side gig. His primary job is teaching people to fly them in the sim. Might be low because he only does a few flights a year when he wants to pick up extra scratch.

But....but...it has those evil side stick controllers!!!!

But they are linked so you can tell what the other pilot is doing. (Or so it appears in the video.)

John

...hand fly much?

(in breathy feminine tones) "On the G9 we've eliminated the cumbersome side stick controller so the pilot's hands are free and minds clear..."

Funny, that's the first time I've ever seen 'charter' associated with the phrase 'gig to have'. :rofl:

Funny, that's the first time I've ever seen 'charter' associated with the phrase 'gig to have'. :rofl:

Yea, no kidding. :rolleyes:

depends

"Contract pilots" talking about their "daily rate" is on par with Bonanza owners talking about the speed of their aircraft. :rolleyes:

:rofl:

Flew into TEB today. The Premier I is a very nice airplane.. but parking next to a Gulfstream just makes you want more.

But....but...it has those evil side stick controllers!!!!
Yeah, but they're interconnected, so the crew won't have to learn the systems. :rolleyes:

Nauga,
and another closed-book NATOPS test

Back