Glareshield ipad mounts?

I used this in a Skycatcher (rental). I was concerned that the two screw points might put undue pressure on the plastic glareshield lip so I wrapped a piece of wood (tongue depressor/paint stick thing) in duct tape and used that to sit between the shield and the points to distribute the pressure over a larger area. I didn't notice any impact on the glareshield over the several months I flew with it. Then again, it wasn't my plane and the actual time in use was fairly low (10's or hours) so long term use could be different. The setup wasn't perfect (not a lot of room in the 'Catcher) but it was pretty much the only alternative I had available to me since it wasn't my plane. Suction mounts make me nervous and the plane had on yoke.

I went through an extensive iPad mount search a while back. I have a ‘mini’, it goes in & out of the cockpit.

I ended up with more of a minimalist mount. It has Velcro for the IPad then attaches at an angle to one’s thigh. Yes, one does have to look down then back out front, not the best for IFR ops, but VFR, it’s been fine.
The actual mount clips around the leg. Just an idea.

Back