Giving rides to "friends with benefits": legal?

John Galt

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
John Galt
I have been watching the debates about the legalities of ride sharing quite closely. As I prepare to become a jet owner/pilot/mechanic I will no doubt be put in the situation where very attractive ladies wish to fly with me and in return I will most likely accept their lavish attention. ;) Can this be construed as receiving payment?

:dunno:

I have been watching the debates about the legalities of ride sharing quite closely. As I prepare to become a jet owner/pilot/mechanic I will no doubt be put in the situation where very attractive ladies wish to fly with me and in return I will most likely accept their lavish attention. ;)

Why does everyone with that name think he's the center of the universe... :D

Need pictures of plane, certificate and women. Then we can give you an intelligent answer.

this is the same guy who wants to buy his personal learjet and fly it himself. wtf

I have been watching the debates about the legalities of ride sharing quite closely. As I prepare to become a jet owner/pilot/mechanic I will no doubt be put in the situation where very attractive ladies wish to fly with me and in return I will most likely accept their lavish attention. ;) Can this be construed as receiving payment?

No. They will be feeling sorry for you. It will be charity giving.

You're okay as long as there's no quid pro quo i.e. they're providing lavish attention because they like you and not because it's payment for a plane ride.

Although the FAA isn't going to know about your arrangements unless one of the ladies decides to make a complaint. Don't give them a reason to complain.

You're okay as long as there's no quid pro quo i.e. they're providing lavish attention because they like you and not because it's payment for a plane ride.

Although the FAA isn't going to know about your arrangements unless one of the ladies decides to make a complaint. Don't give them a reason to complain.

No. The FAA won't care because he isn't a pilot.

In the eyes of the IRS, most likely. :yes:

If you have FWB ,it's only because of the jet.

It depends on what the definition of "is" is. I would ask Bill Clinton he probably knows.

If it's considered an exchange of value, then she's also guilty of prostitution. Both of you were selling things you should have been giving away for free.

Hey... save it. I didn't make the rules.

Only if you put the video on the internet, and if you do that, you'll have other problems, too. Just ask David Martz.

That was March 2009.

He again has a commercial rotor certificate, issued one year later, March 2010.

Just wondering whether he got the cert back automatically after one year, or whether a checkride was required.

That was March 2009.

He again has a commercial rotor certificate, issued one year later, March 2010.

Just wondering whether he got the cert back automatically after one year, or whether a checkride was required.

Revokation = new written and checkride. Hours from previously still count, though.

Revokation = new written and checkride. Hours from previously still count, though.

Is the second check ride with or without female companionship??:D I gotta think if you can fly a helicopter with that type of distraction, not much else the examiner could throw at you. :rolleyes:

Too late. I tried and didn't get a serious answer either
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1492413&postcount=26

You're only looking at a Lear. You'll need at least a G-IV for that to be a concern.

As I prepare to become a jet owner/pilot/mechanic

that part reminds of the astronaut/cowboy/millionaire episode of family guy. :lol:

peter.jpg

Why does everyone with that name think he's the center of the universe... :D

Just put him on your "ignore" list like I just did, it will improve your quality of life ;)

Bye Johnny:raspberry:

Last edited:
I have it on good authority that worthwhile females don't like *******s, even when they fly shiny jets. Those that do, well, good luck with that.

Just put him on your "ignore" list like I just did, it will improve your quality of life ;)

Bye Johnny:raspberry:

You can run and ignore me but you cannot hide from the fact that people like me exist. There are very few of us but we are here, charismatic men who draw admirers like moths to a lamp and like moths many too fall away in despair as you just have and countless others before you.

Your life, while humdrum and ordinary, is not worthless. Do not compare yourself to me it will only upset you. I realize that you in particular are not reading this since you have elected to do the "ostrich head in sand" thing but I am addressing some of the other little gray men out there who may be feeling inadequate when comparing themselves to me. Yes you are inadequate compared to me, but to the others around here you are not. Don't forget that.

:raspberry: :D

I Translated this for everyone:

You can run and ignore me but you cannot hide from the fact that people like me exist.
I'm kind of a d!ck

There are very few of us but we are here
And I am lonely

charismatic men who draw admirers
And I need a man in my life

moths to a lamp and like moths
I haven't showered in weeks

many too fall away in despair as you just have and countless others before you.
Why does everyone leave me?

Your life, while humdrum and ordinary, is not worthless.
You are heterosexual

Do not compare yourself to me
I am not.

I realize that you in particular are not reading this since
I'm sad that you are not reading this

you have elected to do the "ostrich head in sand" thing
I have always wanted to do the "ostrich head" thing with another man.

but I am addressing some of the other little gray men out there
I meant gay not gray

Who may be feeling inadequate when comparing themselves to me?
This was intended to be an actual question

Yes you are inadequate compared to me, but to the others around here you are not.
I want to show you my cockpit

Don't forget that.
remember "John Galt" = cockpit

Last edited:
Hah 6PC!

It's just like a workplace romance. It's all fun and great until the relationship goes South.

The wind blows harder at the top of the mountain. A man of my stature unfortunately will occasionally be criticized unfairly. Jealousy? Probably. But more likely it helps them feel better about themselves.

:thumbsup: ;)

You will probably find yourself paying for those "benefits" many times over! :D

In the eyes of the IRS, most likely. :yes:

Yes, but to do so the IRS would have to quantify the "benefit", which comes down to calling it prostitution, which opens them up to libel/slander and defamation, and oh boy here we go....

So the handsome and debonair Jet Pilot sat at the bar sipping on a shot glass next to a bottle of top shelf Patron tequila. The attractive woman in her late fifties held her age well. She feigned a slight annoyance of his presence as she flicked the ashes off of her Kool menthol 100.

"I'm a handsome and debonair Jet Pilot" he said, in hopes of striking up a conversation."

"No you aren't. The only thing you really are is a Debonair pilot. I see you at the airport all the time."

"Heh heh heh. Well, I'm training to be a Jet Pilot, therefore I am a Jet Pilot. So, why do you hang around the airport?"

"I like planes. I like to ride in planes. Especially jets. But I'll ride in smaller planes."

"Wanna ride in my plane?"

"Yeah I'll do that. It's going to cost you though, if you get my drift." She winked with a smile."

Oh hell yeah. The Jet Pilot was at the top of his game. Take THAT Chief Counsel, I'm paying HER to ride hahahahaha!" The flight went uneventful, except near the end when the Jet Pilot incorrectly set up his Landing Calculator. Fortunately one of the other pilots in the pattern corrected his mistake before it became too obvious. After a couple drinks at the airport bar, they discreetly slipped off to the Holiday Inn a few blocks away."

He caressed her back. She kissed his chest. He reached down way South and... what's this?????

"Turn around!" She commanded. He did so. "This will hurt a little bit at first, but you will get used to it." Oh what the hell, he figured.

Later on that night the handsome and debonair Jet Pilot stood at the bar, drinking another shot of cheap Cuervo next to a bottle of Patron, like he does every night. "Not sitting on the stool tonight?" The bartender asked.

"It's a little hard to sit right now. Long story."

"So what's it like to be a handsome and debonair Jet Pilot? I've always admired people like you."

"It's tough you know, we have to constantly defend ourselves against people of lower stature. It's almost like a full time job."

"Wow, I don't think I could handle it."

"Yeah, sometimes I think it's a curse."

So the handsome and debonair Jet Pilot sat at the bar sipping on a shot glass next to a bottle of top shelf Patron tequila. The attractive woman in her late fifties held her age well. She feigned a slight annoyance of his presence as she flicked the ashes off of her Kool menthol 100.

"I'm a handsome and debonair Jet Pilot" he said, in hopes of striking up a conversation."

"No you aren't. The only thing you really are is a Debonair pilot. I see you at the airport all the time."

"Heh heh heh. Well, I'm training to be a Jet Pilot, therefore I am a Jet Pilot. So, why do you hang around the airport?"

"I like planes. I like to ride in planes. Especially jets. But I'll ride in smaller planes."

"Wanna ride in my plane?"

"Yeah I'll do that. It's going to cost you though, if you get my drift." She winked with a smile."

Oh hell yeah. The Jet Pilot was at the top of his game. Take THAT Chief Counsel, I'm paying HER to ride hahahahaha!" The flight went uneventful, except near the end when the Jet Pilot incorrectly set up his Landing Calculator. Fortunately one of the other pilots in the pattern corrected his mistake before it became too obvious. After a couple drinks at the airport bar, they discreetly slipped off to the Holiday Inn a few blocks away."

He caressed her back. She kissed his chest. He reached down way South and... what's this?????

"Turn around!" She commanded. He did so. "This will hurt a little bit at first, but you will get used to it." Oh what the hell, he figured.

Later on that night the handsome and debonair Jet Pilot stood at the bar, drinking another shot of cheap Cuervo next to a bottle of Patron, like he does every night. "Not sitting on the stool tonight?" The bartender asked.

"It's a little hard to sit right now. Long story."

"So what's it like to be a handsome and debonair Jet Pilot? I've always admired people like you."

"It's tough you know, we have to constantly defend ourselves against people of lower stature. It's almost like a full time job."

"Wow, I don't think I could handle it."

"Yeah, sometimes I think it's a curse."

:rofl:

who is John Galt and why is he trolling?

Internet superhero in his own mind I suppose. The downside is, he's not even a good troll. Have to wonder how he has time for all of the "girls who flock to him" when he's always on pilot forums posting nonsense, lol.

"Oh, Lord, it's hard to be humble
When you're perfect in ev-er-y way...."

:lots of eyerolling smilies:

Ohhhh, mah hee-row," she simpers breathlessly. "An' Ah'm so cute an', like, gullible...
So y'all are flyin' y'all's very own jets? That is SO cool, an' everything...Pawdon me while I throw my imaginary sexy curvaceous blonde self at y'all...So, what version of MS Flight Simulator software are y'all using? Ah just looooove big strong, handsome sim-jet pilots."

:lots more eyerolling smilies:

You can run and ignore me but you cannot hide from the fact that people like me exist. There are very few of us but we are here, charismatic men who draw admirers like moths to a lamp and like moths many too fall away in despair as you just have and countless others before you.

Your life, while humdrum and ordinary, is not worthless. Do not compare yourself to me it will only upset you. I realize that you in particular are not reading this since you have elected to do the "ostrich head in sand" thing but I am addressing some of the other little gray men out there who may be feeling inadequate when comparing themselves to me. Yes you are inadequate compared to me, but to the others around here you are not. Don't forget that.

:raspberry: :D

The sad thing is, I could pick those same girls up in a without the million dollar jet.

I pity you, you desire caviar level women, however you only possess a Micky D's personality with looks to probably match. Any man who's so called "game" is so weak that they feel the need for multi million dollar tools to bring in a girl is a sad site indeed.

Back