GG status after Epstein death

Looks like the FBI raided his island.

I haven't heard much since Epstein offed himself. There was a lot of chatter for a while, but it's pretty much stopped. I hope someone still plans to open up his records. I think GG was given immunity years ago, but I don't know if she's untouchable if a DA or the AG decided to make an example of someone.
I have heard or read that prosecutors were contending that the immunity agreement made by federal prosecutors in Florida only applies to prosecutions brought in that district.

I have read that too. But how did the prosecution plan to ensure they were not using evidence developed through information that came out of that agreement? Sounds like a very slippery 5th Amendment slope with the strong possibility of tainting the entire case.

If agreements of one court are not bound onto another, then what good are legal agreements of any kind?

Epstein’s lawyers had argued double jeopardy, too. But different jurisdictions can make different deals, even on the same crimes (I think.)

It’s normally something that comes into play between State and Federal laws. You can be tried on State charges and Federal charges for the same event. I’m not sure how the most recent Epstein arrest was worked out. GG was given immunity, but the fine print might limit it to a very specific set of events.

If GG were in a position to name names, she would be hiding out in the same RNC underground command bunker in Ada that Epstein was taken to after the fake "suicide".

“a man is a coin, no obverse without reverse. If you like, remember Jeff Epstein as monster, destroying lives with a wicked nonchalance. But, for me , I will remember him as the man who killed Jeff Epstein.”

- Norm Macdonald

Back