GFC500 Question

LesGawlik

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Good Guy
I have an avionics installer I like. He is not a distributor. Is there any way to buy this AP without installation?

think you need to be a garmin dealer to buy this one for certificated installation.

I have an avionics installer I like. He is not a distributor. Is there any way to buy this AP without installation?
think you need to be a garmin dealer to buy this one for certificated installation.

I'd say there is like a 5% chance or less.

You need to verify the guy you take it to is a dealer, and you need to make sure they have done this kind of job in the past.

FWIW- Want a warranty? You need a dealer to do this.

Even if you scrounge up the components, you still need the letter of authorization and STC data package to install it. That letter of authorization only grants dealers permission to use the STC to modify an aircraft.

Your best way forward would be have your local guy install things that are sold over the counter with the STC, such as a GPS 175 and dual G5s. If you need additional breakers and bus bars installed, have your local guy get it all tidied up prior to dumping it off at a dealer for the GFC500. You might even get your chosen dealer to give you some guidance allowing your local guy to pull GFC wiring through the airplane before you hand it to them.

I'd drop the airplane off with all the seats (except crew seats) removed and main landing gear fairings removed. Make sure there is a good weight and balance report in the airplane for them to use.

Last edited:
Back