GFC 500 New Install Issue

Ronnie Nail

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
RW
I have recently installed a new GFC 500 autopilot in a Cessna 206 with two GI275's and a GNX 375 GPS. I am using the 2 original KX155 nav/com radios. The autopilot does everything perfectly except capturing the LOC/GS on an ILS approach. I select approach mode and the LOC and GS autopilot annunciations show up in white, which means they are armed, but they never capture and turn green. The localizer and glideslope are visible on the GI 275 primary display, so I am able to hand fly it.

The shop that I'm using is highly respected and is in communication with Garmin engineers who are stumped at this point. Any ideas from avionics experts would be greatly appreciated.

I have recently installed a new GFC 500 autopilot in a Cessna 206 with two GI275's and a GNX 375 GPS. I am using the 2 original KX155 nav/com radios. The autopilot does everything perfectly except capturing the LOC/GS on an ILS approach. I select approach mode and the LOC and GS autopilot annunciations show up in white, which means they are armed, but they never capture and turn green. The localizer and glideslope are visible on the GI 275 primary display, so I am able to hand fly it.

The shop that I'm using is highly respected and is in communication with Garmin engineers who are stumped at this point. Any ideas from avionics experts would be greatly appreciated.
Does it fly a LPV or LP+V?

Hm, I'm stumped too. If you're getting the HSI needles/bars/pickle then I can only think that's an internal fault of some sort.

Do you get the deviation bars on both displays?

Back