Getting records

B

Bucket Lst

After much reading here, it’s clear my 3rd class will be a challenge. I’ve been on depression meds for 20+ years for PMS. I’m post-menopausal now, so no PMS and no meds. Question is how to get records. Same Dr all these years but she changed clinics and original clinic records are just gone. Have maybe 10 years or less still existing. Will that work? (PS I informally spoke to respected HIMS AME and they said I shouldn’t have an issue as long as I’m off meds for 60 days +. Comments on this forum don’t seem to agree). Oh - and Sport isn’t an option in my locale.

What did this HIMS AME say regarding records requirement?

And I’m somewhat confused what you are seeking from us unwashed masses. The HIMS AME should have laid out a clear roadmap towards certification.

What did this HIMS AME say regarding records requirement?

And I’m somewhat confused what you are seeking from us unwashed masses. The HIMS AME should have laid out a clear roadmap towards certification.
Yeah, but SGOTI are so much more reliable.

Seriously, Bucket List, as Mike says, if you are going to follow this route, you need to move away from "informally spoke" to active involvement. The FAA knows older records are not always available and your HIMS AME knows what will suffice in that situation. You are not saving yourself anything with a DIY approach to the problem.

Seriously, Bucket List, as Mike says, if you are going to follow this route, you need to move away from "informally spoke" to active involvement. The FAA knows older records are not always available and your HIMS AME knows what will suffice in that situation. You are not saving yourself anything with a DIY approach to the problem.
"Informally spoke" may be "bucket-list-speak" for a consultation.

I heartily agree that if Bucket List wants to turn a dream onto a reality, active involvement and "git-r-done" needs to start right away.

To quote/paraphrase a certain bald guy in Tennessee with a syndicated radio/television show on debt freedom and other financial issues...

"Ninety percent of solving a problem is realizing there is one. Some of the most dramatic [aeromedical] turnarounds happen after someone has faced an illness or some other life-changing crisis. If you are apathetic because everything seems “just fine,” then you will be unwilling to make the major changes needed to get major results.

"Fear of Change
Change is painful. That’s why few people have the courage to seek it out. Most people won’t change until the pain of where they are exceeds the pain of change. When it comes to many things [aeromedical], we can be like a toddler in a soiled diaper who says, “I know it smells bad, but it’s warm and it’s mine.” If you don’t like your current situation, then acknowledge you have changes to make and get started."

Per email, it’s now 90 days...
You need to document from the prescriber that this was for postmenopausal symptoms
...that you never to the prescriber had any other exposure to antidepressives.

if the prescriber can do this you can “get away” with no psychiatrist....But if all the docs are gone—-> to a psychiatrist for a detailed history recorded “of record”....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back