Getting excited!!!

lancie00

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
lancie00
I'm scheduled for a quick cross country in the soup with my CFI this afternoon. It's going to be my first flight in actual. Should be a good trip with the whole route OVC013. Wish me luck!

Good luck. It will be fun. I did 5.5 in actual on an instrument cross country, and one of our landing airports was below minimums! No autopilot; my armpits were crying stinky tears for hours.

I did the same thing a couple of times last month. My goal was just to put hours on the 182RG so I could build the 10 hours of experience that insurance required, but I found opportunities to get 3+ hour flights that were mostly IMC, and were my first real experiences in the soup.

It'll be a blast! It'll be a challenge, too, and you'll be a better pilot for it.

It ended up being a great learning experience! Climbed through to get on top at about 5000. Then got to our first airport and 2 other people were shooting approaches so we got put into a published hold. After a lap the controller asked how long we wanted to wait. We decided to move on to our second airport. Flew an approach there and popped out perfectly inline with the runway. Went missed and proceeded home. As we got close we got put into an unpublished hold for 20 minutes while waiting for 3 regionals to get in. We ended with 2.1 with over an hour of actual. Can't wait for the next one!

I'm scheduled for a quick cross country in the soup with my CFI this afternoon. It's going to be my first flight in actual. Should be a good trip with the whole route OVC013. Wish me luck!
Not to burst your bubble, but tops are forecast to be above MEA, right? :D

Back