Getting boned by Hawthorne at RYY

That is accurate, flew friends there about a month ago for dinner and the ramp fee was a surprise... Kinda ****ed about it but my date was hot so I stayed cool ;)

When I'm there for a short visit, I generally taxi over to about where the OP parked and leave the airplane there for a couple of hours. I've not been charged a ramp fee yet.

:confused::confused: Run from this place unless your a Good Ole Boy, or have deep pockets. The personnel there is real nice, friendly and courteous. Unfortunately, the mgmt. stinks and could care less about your little plane, unless your burning kerosene. The ramp fees do not go to the county nor does the supposed security fee, that's all Hawthorne's doing. :yikes: :yikes: That is a monopoly they have there, not sure ,but I don't believe one company can own two FBO's on the same large airport. Oh, that's right "Good ole boys club"
Everywhere I've ever landed pretty much guides you to parking.
Anyway, try PDK, or Cherokee where they really want your business.
P.S. did it not occur to you that out of the 4 FBO's they own, they only restricted user comments on Airnav for their RYY location. Would ring bells for me.

It's too bad that air nav ,allows FBOs to disable comments. At one time most FBOs allowed the comments as they where mostly positive. Lately the FBOs seem to be after all your money,and don't want info on there operations posted,some may even be trying to deceive the GA pilots.

Never thought twice about the FBO restricting comments on AirNav but I will now. ;) Thanks Ed.

I will also pay more attention to comments on FF and even post some to help others out, both positive and negative (at least for those who have the Ithingys, sorry Ed).

Airnav will edit the reviews the advertisers complain about and allow them to post erroneous and slanderous comments about those who complain posted by the advertisers and "independent" comments despite their OFFICIAL policy against that.

:confused::confused: Run from this place unless your a Good Ole Boy, or have deep pockets. The personnel there is real nice, friendly and courteous. Unfortunately, the mgmt. stinks and could care less about your little plane, unless your burning kerosene. The ramp fees do not go to the county nor does the supposed security fee, that's all Hawthorne's doing. :yikes: :yikes: That is a monopoly they have there, not sure ,but I don't believe one company can own two FBO's on the same large airport. Oh, that's right "Good ole boys club"
Everywhere I've ever landed pretty much guides you to parking.
Anyway, try PDK, or Cherokee where they really want your business.
P.S. did it not occur to you that out of the 4 FBO's they own, they only restricted user comments on Airnav for their RYY location. Would ring bells for me.

First post....

Welcome to POA...

:cheers::cheers:

Back