Getaway Suggestions in Southern to Central Oregon?

Lndwarrior

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Gary
Wife and I want to take a bit of a flying adventure from NorCal for 4 or five days up to Oregon. We love the outdoors, though don't want to camp for this trip. Wife's one request - there MUST be golfing nearby.

We are planning on going in early September. Looking for cool places to fly into and/or cool places to stay/eat/explore. Not really looking for 5 star accommodations (though would certainly consider if there are other benefits to the location).

I was looking at Gold Beach but was wondering if the weather in September may start to get a little funky along the coast? If so, an inland destination would be good as well.

I guess a really ideal location would be an AirBnB on some (somewhat) secluded river. With a decent restaurant nearby - and the golf course.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

TIA
Gary

Sunriver (S21). Nice lodging, restaurants, golf, hiking, fishing, boating, biking, horseback riding, all with a nifty airport within walking distance. It's east of the mountains, so weather stays better later in the year.

https://www.destinationhotels.com/sunriver-resort

My recollection is that you have to plan your accommodations pretty far in advance if you want to go to Sunriver.

River rafting down the Rogue. They have 3 day adventures and you stay in lodges along the river. Incredibly beautiful.

Ashland, with Shakespeare Festival?
Not local, so not an expert... My cab driver described it as "a place where a lot of famous people come to be incognito."

Sunriver (S21). Nice lodging, restaurants, golf, hiking, fishing, boating, biking, horseback riding, all with a nifty airport within walking distance. It's east of the mountains, so weather stays better later in the year.

https://www.destinationhotels.com/sunriver-resort

Definitely Sunriver. It's like a town and a resort got together and had a baby. There's lots to do, there's nothing too far to bike to, plenty of restaurants and everything right there. My uncle used to own a house there and we spent a week there in 2008 (rented two more houses too).

Back