Gene Simmon's comments on Bush

Henning said:
First off, We don't have enough oil, not for long. Without radical energy change we have no chance of winning. Besides all these other issues, it's ecologically the correct path. You can clean the air and water while you produce energy, or you can polute it. Remember, population is climbing quickly and shows no sign of stopping, and China and India will come into full consumption in the next decade.

It wouldn't be isolationism, it would be exclusion. If you're gonna play purse string politics, you gotta close the purse sometimes. Sometimes you just have to turn your back, f'em. If they turn around and come after ya, it's time to do some smiting.

The whole thing is revolution has to come from within. This whole running revolutions path of world politics over the years has not really served us as a nation very well. It has most definitely benefitted many large U.S. companies and thereby contributed into the economy and such, but over all on a world stage, it has and still is biting us in the collective a$$. Our last 50 years foriegn policy would make the founding fathers wretch. As you said, current policy is built on incorrect models.

WE don't need oil from the ME, we have enough coal to convert to fuel oil. Pa. has 250 years worth on top of the ground now. Coal oil is what Hitler ran his war machine on for 10 years. It is cheap, here and now tech.

But we won't do it because of the oil lobby in DC, oil companies are making rude profits now and it will continue. It's not the arabs who are strangling the US it is the oil companies.

Last edited:
gkainz said:
Ok, I gotta see pictures to believe this one! :D

Sadly I have NO pictures. The company I worked for didn't let us bring cameras. If we did we had them taken away by our bosses. :mad:

But we did take customers cameras away if they refused to take them back to their cars, and man talk about some funny/wierd pictures.

NC19143 said:
WE don't need oil from the ME, we have enough coal to convert to fuel oil. Pa. has 250 years worth on top of the ground now. Coal oil is what Hitler ran his war machine on for 10 years. It is cheap, here and now tech.

But we won't do it because of the oil lobby in DC, oil companies are making rude profits now and it will continue. It's not the arabs who are strangling the US it is the oil companies.

Well duh! You knew that was gonna happen before 9/11 though with Phoenix Drilling and Halliburton in the White House.

The problem with coal oil is it's still a carbon fuel, and we gotta get away from the carbon fuels.

Henning said:
Well duh! You knew that was gonna happen before 9/11 though with Phoenix Drilling and Halliburton in the White House.

The problem with coal oil is it's still a carbon fuel, and we gotta get away from the carbon fuels.

Your idea about nuclear based hydrogen cells might work with the right PR these days.

I mothballed a solar-electrolosis/H-cell project for non-grid nautical applications decades ago, primarily for the reaction's inherent lack of power to weight compared to carbon chains. Now days, with more & more urban/suburban people going towards lower powered, highly efficient cars in the 'green' category, they just might go for hydrogen for little comuters and neighborhood runabouts and such.

I wonder what the range of an H-cell plane would be? (or perhaps more accurately, would not be!)

Last edited:
Back