Gear Up Landing

luvflyin

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Luvflyin
Don’t know anything about it other than it happened. @Tantalum , it was a Plus One plane. Do you know which one and any details?

Don’t know anything about it other than it happened. @Tantalum , it was a Plus One plane. Do you know which one and any details?
Hey! Unfortunately I do not, since I left FB I'm "out of the loop" all I know is what they sent around in an email..

Hey! Unfortunately I do not, since I left FB I'm "out of the loop" all I know is what they sent around in an email..

That’s how I found out, the latest issue of the Rotating Beacon. I get them even though my membership is suspended. If you find out can you let me know? Are you still in Plus One?

Last edited:
That’s how I found out, the latest issue of the Rotating Beacon. I get them even though my membership is suspended. If you find out can you let me know? Are you still in Plus One?
I am.. up until this past weekend though I hadn't flown one of their planes since Jan of '18

I saw a twin at Rockford, IL a few weeks ago, with the tips curled on both sides. I noted the number, N242KA, looked it up. It had recently flown in, no idea what happened, dead in the water now.

Most planes have a warning system or 3 for the gear, there’s that GUMP’s check too. To me, the GUMP’s check is all about the gear. With many, the plane may be totaled with a gear up, off to the salvage yard.

There are other causes of no gear, besides forgetting, hung, failure, whatever.

Hilarious!

“ It was reported that the aircraft had a 5 kt tailwind and was just powering up (about ½ throttle) when a whirlwind gust caught under the tail.”

Gotta add whirlwind detection to pre-flight checklist;)

Ahhh! It's the rogue wind.

I get to watch it happen occasionally. Fortunately the “airplane” I’m teaching in has a reset button. It’s always funny as crap when the last notch of flaps come out and the gear horn starts. “What’s that noise” followed by confused looks. Never had anyone land out of it... yet.
Task saturation is a real thing.

Back