Gatts Training for Instrument Rating

GeddyLee

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
GeddyLee
I'd appreciate any feedback on Gatts Advanced Flight Training in Kansas. I'm considering using them for my IFR rating in the coming months.

I'm not having any luck trying to slug away at training with work, family, little-league and life in general. I've set a goal to get it done and would love any advice youze-all might have. 500 hour Private Pilot.

They will get you done.
Make SURE you have your written done before you get there. You will need all you marbles on deck.
They are right- IFR for the real world. You don't really need an attitude indicator when they are done with you.

I have heard nothing but good things, show up with the pre-reqs, and they will get you done for the price.

Don't expect to do anything else during your time there.

show up with the pre-reqs,
Read those carefully, especially the part about already having at least 10 hours of instrument time for the 7-day course. As an instructor for PIC, I can tell you that getting 30 hours of instrument time in six days (Day 7 is the checkride) is not easy.

BTW, if you have your own plane, you might want to give PIC a call for comparison. 800-I-FLY-IFR or see http://www.iflyifr.com.

Last edited:
I'm a satisfied GATTS graduate. Go for it. Just show up ready as others have pointed out.

Since the quality of training has been covered, I'll just tell you that Manhattan is a great town. IF you have down time, it is a nice little college town.

True that. I do accelerated IFR in NC and also required the written+10 and we fly about 5 hours a day for 6 days and checkride on day 7. Prepare to fly-fly-fly. I have never heard anything but good about the GATTS program.

Back