Gaston's White River Fly-In

lancefisher said:
I think that Toby is coming from Lon Guyland. AFaIK that's on the East Coast somewhere.
Yes, but I'm flying by lovely Delta Airlines. :besick:

Toby said:
Yes, but I'm flying by lovely Delta Airlines. :besick:

Yes, but you will be picked up at XNA by a Citabria and flown into Twin Oaks. :)

Diana said:
Yes, but you will be picked up at XNA by a Citabria and flown into Twin Oaks. :)

That brings up a good question. since I will be arriving friday afternoon, at one of the paved strips..who do we call for a ride into town?

Diana said:
I know! Such luxury. I'll bet no one else on my flight will have a personal air limo. :)

Michael said:
That brings up a good question. since I will be arriving friday afternoon, at one of the paved strips..who do we call for a ride into town?

Well, you can call me. :)

Gaston's will come and get you in one of their vans, or they will let us have a van to come get you.

Are you staying at Gaston's? If so, there isn't a town. ;)

Thanks guys :)
After 7-8 hours flying, I am sure a VAN would be the preferred method of travel to Gastons. I will call when we arrive then. :)

Michael said:

What time are you going to get in? If I can get crash space Friday night, I'll try to be in by 4pm.

OK! Am getting to come on Saturday (not friday, sigh) with spouse (Susan) and hopefully get to room with Ken and Catherine Ibold (who I think will be there Friday)... Really looking forward to this...you all will have to report how the grass is otherwise I'll be over at Mountain Home.

Susan has NEVER she says, flown with another pilot. Someone please accomodate her desire to change that....!

Anybody know if rooms are still available for those of us who are late to decide?

There are still the motel type rooms available. AFAIK we got the last cabin.

Last edited:
bbchien said:
There are still the motel type rooms avaialable. AFAIK we got the last cabin.
There may be some folks with a 2-bedroom cabin who would like to share with someone. Perhaps those on both sides of that would post notes? That's how we got hooked up with Michael Driggs & Co. in one of the big fancy cabins.

bbchien said:
OK! Am getting to come on Saturday (not friday, sigh) with spouse (Susan) and hopefully get to room with Ken and Catherine Ibold (who I think will be there Friday)... Really looking forward to this...you all will have to report how the grass is otherwise I'll be over at Mountain Home.

Susan has NEVER she says, flown with another pilot. Someone please accomodate her desire to change that....!
We're planning to come in Friday IF the weather is VFR and we bring the Citabria.

Bruce, I'd be happy to scare the dickens out of Susan ... er, I mean take her flying and show her how lucky she is to have a personal pilot of your caliber. :yes:

wsuffa said:
Anybody know if rooms are still available for those of us who are late to decide?

I'm in the same boat. I just got my June schedule and am 95% sure I can make it. I just need a place to stay for Saturday night. Anybody able to point me in the right direction? Diana? Anybody?

Greg Bockelman said:
I'm in the same boat. I just got my June schedule and am 95% sure I can make it. I just need a place to stay for Saturday night. Anybody able to point me in the right direction? Diana? Anybody?

Greg, I'm so glad you're coming! :)

I just called Gaston's for an update on rooms. They have 7 small motel rooms available (2 double beds) and 4 duplex style single cottages that have 2 double beds. The other cabins/cottages with separate bedrooms are booked. Two of the remaining motel rooms have a river view, and the duplex cottages all have a river view.

Their number is 870-431-5202

Quick question ... do they have marked/installed tiedowns or do I need to bring my own portable tiedowns?

Ken Ibold said:
Bruce, I'd be happy to scare the dickens out of Susan ... er, I mean take her flying and show her how lucky she is to have a personal pilot of your caliber. :yes:
We'll take you up on it!

Moxie said:
We've got quite a few planes coming from the MN/WI/IL area. Lance, Kent, Hammer, Barry and Bruce.... at least.

We should make us a convoy or sumthin'.

Current plan for me is to head down Sat morning as I have a friend coming in from out of town that weekend that I'm going to hang out with on Friday. I'm also hoping for vacation time so that I can visit my sister in Houston afterwards, 3M0 is almost exactly halfway. So, if there is a convoy, I'll only be in it halfway.

Moxie said:
Do y'all have rooms booked and which days are you coming? Aside from grabbing Hammer, I haven't done a thing.

Wow... Me too, though you may have done something in the intervening weeks since your post! I haven't even called to see what's available. You want to go in on something?

Kent

Back