Gaston's Ride Share Thread

vontresc

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
vonSegelGoober
Well since Gaston's is right around the corner and since I will have free space in the Archer, I figured I'd start up a ride share thread.

Anyone from the greater WI/IL/IA/MN area need a ride? I will probably be leaving from Madison on Thursday and plan on returning Sunday.

Pete

Anyone interested in flying with me (or bringing me along with them)? I'm planning on leaving Mpls Friday afternoon (early enough to arrive well before dark) and returning Sat evening or early Sunday AM.

Looking for a ride for my sister-in-law on Saturday so she can collect her four cards for the Poker Run. Anybody flying to all four on Saturday to collect their cards, and have an empty seat?

I expect I'll participate and I'm pretty sure I'll have empty seats. I've never done a poker run so I can use alll the help I can get.

-lance

No, she doesn't want one ride to all four airports. She wants Four rides, one to EACH airport! Sample four different planes/pilots that way!:yes:

Lance, Grant:

Either or BOTH ways, or a mixture thereof, will be fine!! She'll be there Friday night, so we'll work out details then! Thanks!

I'll be happy to give her a ride as well, with the new EFIS and all :yes:

-Felix

Felix, that's great! Glad to hear you have the Evolution installed--that's on my to-see list.

Last minute, but if anyone wants a ride from PA/OH/IN (I could probably even be persuaded to go a bit out of my way to the south), let me know. At this point it looks like the Archer and I are going solo.

any body between ATL and Gastons can contact me. Leaving Friday AM. Returning Sunday AM

Felix, that's great! Glad to hear you have the Evolution installed--that's on my to-see list.
It's really neat. I'm still getting used to it, but so far, it's been working flawlessly with the 430W, VOR 1/2, and the Autopilot. Sadly, the FAA forced Aspen to take out the altitude pre-select function. They also forced them to take out the artificial horizon line adjustment function (like you get on a mechanical HSI). As a result, level flight in cruise shows up as about 5 degrees nose up and you can't do anything about it. I'm told that's how it is for most EFIS installations on Jets, too, and that it has something to do with the datum line...

-Felix

Does your dash have an 8 degree tilt?

It's really neat. I'm still getting used to it, but so far, it's been working flawlessly with the 430W, VOR 1/2, and the Autopilot. Sadly, the FAA forced Aspen to take out the altitude pre-select function. They also forced them to take out the artificial horizon line adjustment function (like you get on a mechanical HSI). As a result, level flight in cruise shows up as about 5 degrees nose up and you can't do anything about it. I'm told that's how it is for most EFIS installations on Jets, too, and that it has something to do with the datum line...

-Felix

Does your dash have an 8 degree tilt?
I might be missing a joke - but, no, it's not tilted.

Planes with G1000s/Avidyne apparently don't have this problem because their manufactured with this problem in mind. It's really not bad once you get used to it, but sometimes I wonder what the FAAs reasoning is....

-Felix

Some aircraft panels have a standard 8 degree tilt. You can order flight instruments with the bezels to match. I found this out after I replaced my vac AI with one that didn't.

I might be missing a joke - but, no, it's not tilted.

Planes with G1000s/Avidyne apparently don't have this problem because their manufactured with this problem in mind. It's really not bad once you get used to it, but sometimes I wonder what the FAAs reasoning is....

-Felix

Back