Gaston's Return Trip Thread

If that happens they'll do the same thing pilots here do...bypass that airport and go down the road to the self serve pump that is the cheapest in the state. Market forces are still at work even after one competitor leaves the market.

And I drive past the big blue box and get groceries at the Piggly Wiggly downtown. The lines are shorter and the cashiers are cuter.

yeah that is a tough one its a lot of money but if the FBO has to shut down then you KNOW that the only pump will be the ss pump and the price will then go sky high. The old Walmart syndrome

Glad everyone made it home ok. I think the peer pressure of not wanting to be the one to make the preliminary accident report page does a lot to reinforce erring on the side of caution (well, for most of us...:rofl: ).

Just making the flight to/from Gaston's has value, imho, as I get to deal with real time decision making on many levels as a pilot and keeps me from getting too complacent about my airmanship when I know there's a peer review committee waiting online at both ends of the trip...:)

I was asked about numbers. I am guessing 35(?) planes made the fly-in?
It is good that everyone made it home safe and sound (no stuck-mike pun intended, Bruce).:)
ApacheBob

I was asked about numbers. I am guessing 35(?) planes made the fly-in?
It is good that everyone made it home safe and sound (no stuck-mike pun intended, Bruce).:)
ApacheBob

The most airplanes on the field at one time (by my count) was 39. There may well have been more. I know there were at least three at Mountain Home, perhaps more than that.

dave, kaye, joe, scott were all at bpk. maybe more

Back