Gaston's pre-Go/No Go Thread

ben, i hope you can come. find a student who needs a bunch of real world XC time. Or bug Chris Jones to give you a ride (nudge nudge), or PM me, i may have a few other ideas. hope to see you there!

I would love to offer a ride .... BUT.... I was informed last night that Rachel will not have to work next weekend which means, if I can somehow get out of work for the weekend, both seats in the RV will be full.

With the way this crappy Low is moving through here this week, I'm expecting things to dry out next week just in time to get busy for the weekend. :( Fingers still crossed .... and I'm working on crossing the toes at this point.

....crossing the toes.... Good luck with that!!

Hehehe..

10 day for ames calls for rain wed/thurs. keep crossing those toes Chris

wow did you use truth serum on him or something?

Bill and I don't need an air Taxi.....We just got the GREEN light from our Club Pres. to land on Grass...shhh don't tell:goofy:

'twould be better news to hear you say "screw the club! we just got the call and we're heading out to pick up our Mooney."

'twould be better news to hear you say "screw the club! we just got the call and we're heading out to pick up our Mooney."

'twould be nice, but, we:
  1. Wouldn't have time to get the 10 dual and 10 solo (20 total) before being allowed to carry pax, and
  2. With three and luggage into a hot grass strip, the 182 is the better tool for this particular sortie.

wow did you use truth serum on him or something?
First time I have asked to land on Grass....May have helped that I am on The Board.:dunno:
I wish....sigh But like Bill said we wouldn't have enough time to get'r done for insurance requirements

I've been working on the flight planning and looking at the long range weather forecasts (click here for the percipitation maps).

Weather is looking a bit iffy right now but the go/no-go decision won't be made until Thursday morning. We are hoping to arrive early Friday morning and leave early Sunday so we can be back for work Monday.

Hope to see you all there.

Joe

I have acquired lodging, and will be there Fri ==> Sun.

The outlook for the DFW area has improved from scattered TRW all three days to partly cloudy Friday and Saturday, with scattered for Sunday.

Remember, in this part of the country, "scattered thunder" means the occasional discrete boomer, and a whole bunch of nice surrounding it. Bonus: it's a lot less likely to be hazy and hot like the last two years.

Flynn's are a go. I tried to add Friday night, but Gaston's is SOLD OUT. See everybody Saturday morning sometime.

My parachutes are a "Go". Just picked them up from the rigger. :)

I'd be SHOCKED if someone were unable to find somewhere to stay ANY of the nights! Okay, it may be on a cot or a sofa, but we'll certainly find you a room! Don't let lack of a room keep you from coming!

Weather.com's forecast for Minnesota and Arkansas are looking good for my Thursday arrival and Sunday departure. Of course--we all know what that is worth.

I want to depart Minneapolis at about sunrise. I'm not sure how to wake Tristan up at 4:30am. Anyone have any ideas?

I want to depart Minneapolis at about sunrise. I'm not sure how to wake Tristan up at 4:30am. Anyone have any ideas?

Make a recording that says "They are giving away free shoes at Macy's to the first 100 ladies!" Set the radio for full blast, set timer, leave apartment.

full blast recording of the airplane starting up, runup and takeoff ...

How about "Honey, let's go flying..."?

Knowing Tristan...that should do the trick.

Knowing Tristan.... she'll beat you to the airport and have the plane preflighted when you arrive.

Missa

This would be mean, but if you somehow convinced her she was taking her IFR checkride the next morning, she'd probably never even get to sleep.:D

How 'bout: " breakfast is ready sweetheart".

Looking forward to seeing y'all there.

Best,

Dave

yea i dunno. knowing that Jesse cooked breakfast would certainly not make me want to jump out of bed. this is the kid with black liquid potatoes in his closet...

yea i dunno. knowing that Jesse cooked breakfast would certainly not make me want to jump out of bed. this is the kid with black liquid potatoes in his closet...

don't forget the green bread.

oh yea i knew there was something else

I hadn't heard about the liquid potatoes until I just asked! Although he did make me breakfast one time and it was actually good!

Since Gaston's is sold out, can anyone suggest a near by place that is similar to Gaston's (doesn't need to be on the river)? Does anyone already have reservations somewhere else? Thanks. - Mike

Mike, show up and someone will find a bed, sofa or piece of floor for you to call home.

I'm not sure how many rooms Jason has but me and Jess have one of them. Probably have to ask.

If you're by yourself, I'm pretty sure Jason (FlyNE) has room for one in his cottage.

I PM'd him to offer my spare bed. He's bringing Susan, so staying in the same room with me isn't at the top of their list.:dunno:

We're in a two room cottage (two beds in each room). Jesse and Tristan are in the second room.

This thread shouldn't be confused with the "Official Gaston's Go/No Go Thread" that will appear here next week sometime.

When does the "Official Gaston's Go/No Go Thread" open" :D

Chances are looking pretty slim for enough rain to knock us out of work this weekend. We needed a couple of inches of rain to be too wet to spray this weekend. About 30 miles north of us, they got 1 inch this morning, but down here - nothing. Chance of scattered t-storms tomorrow AM and again tomorrow afternoon, but it doesn't look like it will materialize into enough precip to allow me to attend Gaston's. :( Fingers are still crossed and hoping for a miracle.

Chances are looking pretty slim for enough rain to knock us out of work this weekend. We needed a couple of inches of rain to be too wet to spray this weekend. About 30 miles north of us, they got 1 inch this morning, but down here - nothing. Chance of scattered t-storms tomorrow AM and again tomorrow afternoon, but it doesn't look like it will materialize into enough precip to allow me to attend Gaston's. :( Fingers are still crossed and hoping for a miracle.

Chris, does this mean you and your wife will not need the bed? Let me know as soon as practical as I just got a call from someone needing a place to crash and don't want to double book (I ain't Delta :D).

Thanks!

Chris, does this mean you and your wife will not need the bed? Let me know as soon as practical as I just got a call from someone needing a place to crash and don't want to double book (I ain't Delta :D).

Thanks!

I will know tomorrow evening whether or not we have enough rain to scratch work for the weekend. I'll let you know as soon as I know. Sorry to (possibly) back out at the last minute.. If it turns out that you can't re-book someone in the room, let me know and I'll make it right for you.

Back