Gaston's plans....meals, ground ops, etc.

WOW 27 bucks for a burger!??. Dont get me wrong, I am not a cheap person..but i know when Im being taken too.
That being said...count me in still.

Michael

Michael said:
WOW 27 bucks for a burger!??. Dont get me wrong, I am not a cheap person..but i know when Im being taken too.

Michael
Looking at that even adding 27%...the difference is very little between burgers and ribs. We can sure bring in stuff, but I would expect Denny Gaston would not be too amenable to letting us use his vehicles. He's making $10 a head, for sure.

If we have a guaranteed vehicle, prepaid $$s, etc, we CAN make this happen with a committee in which everyone on the Committee has GOT TO BE THERE. It's hard to imagine it really costing more than $12.00 per person including the cooler full of lemonade and the ice chest full of soda (other items to bring).

Be we really, really would then NEED a vehicle. There's an Enterprise at Mountain Home, but they don't have weekend hours!

Last edited:
bbchien said:
Be we really, really would then NEED a vehicle. There's an Enterprise at Mountain Home, but they don't have weekend hours!

Gaston's will let you take one of their vans and drive it into town. We've done that before.

See why I didn't want to get involved in the food part? ;)

I like the restaurant. Most nights, the fog comes rolling up from the river below and dances in front of the windows. Very romantic. :)

Anyway, we'll do what ever you guys decide. :)

I could probly pick up a rental car friday afternoon. wasnt planning on going anywhere, but if the group wants to use one...let me know. Hopefully we will be arriving around 3pm.

Michael said:

Michael
You're actually paying for a lot of services in addition to the burger, which in my mind makes it well worth it. They haul in the food and supplies, the ice, the coolers, the utensils. They set up, they cook, and best of all they clean up, which can take a couple hours. They dispose of the garbage. All we have to do is eat and have fun.

Woohoooo! :goofy:

Friends confirmed they weren't arriving until Tuesday. So I'm now cleared for takeoff on Saturday morning with my wife. Make that two for dinner on Saturday and two for brunch on Sunday! I'll go with the group decision for dinner on Saturday but I have a marginal preference for the dining room both for the varying selection and non-weather dependance.

Next steps:
- get room reservation
- check grass landing possibility
- give wife tranquilizer before departing & landing:D

Steve said:
Thought I'd re-activate this thread to announce that assembly of the landing judges' score cards has been completed and will be issued to our illustrious panel of adjudicators immediately after my arrival.

Please refer to previous posts regarding scoring criteria and appeal process.

:goofy:

Won't you need to make at least one arrival during the judging process? Or shall we write your score for your only landing on old used napkins? :cheerswine:

Did you make me a score card for Ken Ibold's score of eleven? Or shall I just hold up a one and a ten together?

Back