Gaston's fuel

Talked with Gaston's today. They got a new load of fuel. New price is $5.46 tax included.

Talked with Gaston's today. They got a new load of fuel. New price is $5.46 tax included.

Thanks for all your dialing for dollars, Diana! Glad your computer is working again... Question: is the new price before discount? And we're talking about Mountain Home/KBPK, right?

Thanks for all your dialing for dollars, Diana! Glad your computer is working again... Question: is the new price before discount? And we're talking about Mountain Home/KBPK, right?
No, I think she's talking Gastons, 3M0. They have 100LL too, though you generally want to be kind of light taking off from there.

Typing this on the iPhone and it's slow going on this Barbie keyboard. Price quoted was for fuel at Gaston's resort.

Cool! I didn't know Gastons HAD fuel!
It is usually rather expensive but I generally always end up buying there as going elsewhere when I rent wet requires I spend more money and doesn't save me a dime.

Of course--you don't want too much fuel for W&B. I've never flown in heavy enough where it mattered and have always departed with full tanks and no issue.

I filled up at CVK that year also. Easy in and out.

Horseshoe Bend (6M2) is slightly closer going east and indicates comparable fuel price on airnav. If you can get in and out of Gaston's you should have no problem with 6M2.

When we flew to Gastons 2 yrs back, fueled 50 miles east at KCVK Sharp County Ash Flat, AR. Very quiet self service, lowest at the time. Shows $4.20 on 100ll and Airnav.

Departing Gastons light in the heat is a good thing.

PS Any spare rooms to share, considering a return trip?

:goofy:Well I'm not going to tell her until this time next year! It'll be fine, she's used to me being a nerd :D.

Oh just bring her along! Go off by yourself and have a nice romantic dinner after talking airplanes all day... what could be a better way to celebrate?

Good catch Steve, I did not see 6M2 Horseshoe Bend earlier.
6M2 KCVK
13 / 31 4 / 22
Runway 4524X50 5156X75
Condition Rapid Rising Terain 48' slope length of runway
on Rwy 13 apprch
Recomend 13 depart

Based on runways, we'll see how the wind blows for a final decision.

Gary Gembala

Back