Gaston's Fly In Web Site

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
The web site for the 2006 Gaston's Fly In is up and running. Find it at: www.gastonsflyin.com

I've tested it using IE, Netscape, and whatever browser the iMac uses (they should call it "do-do"). I think Diana's used Firefox and it worked OK.

I would REALLY PREFER that the site not be posted on AOPA yet. There is still potential for problems with the registration and I'd like to get any problems cleaned up before the red board hits the site. If it looks like everything is working I'll ask Diana to post the site over there.

Please let me know if you have any problems. If you register - BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR SPAM TRAP. The web site seems to be sending emails OK, but sometimes they end up in a spam trap. If you don't receive any emails from the site after you register, please drop me a line so I can look into it.

Folks, I'll tell you the truth. I enjoy this fly in more, and look forward to it more, than I do Oshkosh. It is worth your time, effort, and money to try to make it if at all possible. I have my reservations made and hope to see you there. I'll be giving rides in the Extra again this year :yes:

I'll be giving rides in the Extra again this year :yes:[/quote]

Are you taking numbers yet? if so, put me on the list. :D

gibbons said:
The web site for the 2006 Gaston's Fly In is up and running. Find it at: www.gastonsflyin.com
Very nice work with the website Chip. I just registered and uploaded our photo without any problem.

gibbons said:
Folks, I'll tell you the truth. I enjoy this fly in more, and look forward to it more, than I do Oshkosh. It is worth your time, effort, and money to try to make it if at all possible. I have my reservations made and hope to see you there. I'll be giving rides in the Extra again this year :yes:
You're right about that, I'm so looking forward to it and meet you guys and gals. Sign me in for the Extra ride.

Last edited:
Hey Chip, Nice site but i'm not under attendees, Oh well guess that i'll have to fly my plane to get in for GIII
Dave G

Love the site. My sign up went without a hitch. Say, if this isn't on the red board, how'd Bruce get signed up so fast:D :D :D ?

Come on back Bruce:yes: (or your landing points are in severe jeopardy)

Lance F said:
Say, if this isn't on the red board, how'd Bruce get signed up so fast:D :D :D ?
I contacted Bruce, and perhaps others did too. :)

Chip, the web site is fantastic! Thanks for all your hard work in setting it up for us!

Chip i'm having problems signing up , I cant open the link in the Email ,something is wrong with my Outlook wont let me open any Hyperlinks,is the another way to set up my sign-in, Dave G.,
you can Email me at gaiski@comcast.net or call 717-554-8247 tomarrow
Thanks again Dave

wow - I'm almost famous! I'm one of the examples of a "good" photo :)

Dang I'm handsome. heh.

Shipoke said:
Chip i'm having problems signing up , I cant open the link in the Email ,something is wrong with my Outlook wont let me open any Hyperlinks,is the another way to set up my sign-in, Dave G.,
you can Email me at gaiski@comcast.net or call 717-554-8247 tomarrow
Thanks again Dave
Dave,

I've verified your record so you should be able to go to the site and log in using the password you provided when you signed up. Let me know if you have any problems.

Shipoke said:
Hey Chip, Nice site but i'm not under attendees, Oh well guess that i'll have to fly my plane to get in for GIII
Dave G

If you weren't signed up on the web site last year then you don't show up in the list. I'll take care of it later today and put you on the 2005 list.

Last edited:
We've made a couple of updates to the fly in web site. If you've signed up you might want to log in and update your information.

First, we've added a count for dinner reservations on Saturday evening (in addition to the brunch reservation count for Sunday)

Also, we've added a place you can indicate that you're flying into one of the other airports but would like for someone to meet you there and fly into Gaston's with you. We'll have some CFI's and experienced pilots who will be willing to make your first trip into Gaston's easier. Just click on the appropriate box and include an estimated time for your arrival. Someone will get in touch with you to arrange things.

Back