Gaston's Fly In 2014 - 3M0

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
EDIT: Please see this new thread and poll, folks, as the dates previously proposed in this original thread are no longer valid). Gaston's is ready to take your September 25-28 reservations at 870-431-4202. Tell them you are with the Pilots of America group.

See you all there!

Gaston's, at 3M0, is traditionally held the weekend before Father's Day, which would make it be June 6-8 (some folks arrive Thursday, the 5th this year). Father's Day is Sunday June 15th this year.

Anybody planning to go this year??

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan! I might even stay longer than a couple of hours this year...if you guys let me.

I'm there for sure... Are we confirmng June 6-8 so I can reserve the aircraft?

Wanted to, haven't been in a number of years, but I'll still be grounded in early June. Maybe somone will be flying my way and I can hitch a ride, who knows?

I doubt if we'll be attending this year, but y'all have fun!

No plans to. I'll save the huge rant about our pitiful vacation time and how we used to get that "fixed" through clueful local managers... who we don't report to anymore, and the new ones are utterly clueless that they're on a plan with double the time across the board.

Merger, my ass. Only thing that got merged was the 401k at a worse match to raise the limits for the high-earners.

Depends. If I have a plane I can fly by then, we'll be there. I probably won't know until at least next month, probably later.

I will know whether I will be there or not on June 9th.

Sign me up...

I've fished at Gaston's but tell me about the Flyin or give me a link pls.

As you know, the airstrip there is awesome.

Just a bunch off pilot peeps getting together to share flying, conversation, food and (after hours) perhaps the occasional adult beverage. I lost the count, but have made it every year since 2005 (I think).

Tons fun, y'all!

Website due for an update, but see www.GastonsFlyIn.com

I've got my cabin and the plane reserved! See you all there! :yes:

I wish I was bringing an Icon A5 so I could splash on the lake!

K and I are planning on coming if she is still in state. She might get a job at a BSA summer camp in WV for the summer.

I will be there its if K will be tagging along.

Maybe you guys could convince her to stay. :rofl:

Last edited:
K and I are planning on coming if she is still in state. She might get a job at a BSA summer camp in WV for the summer.

I will be there its if K will be tagging along.

Maybe you guys could convince her to stay. :rofl:

Are you going to find a plane that will land on grass this year? :goofy:

Do we need to bring emergency sandwiches?

Convince her to attend, we all enjoyed her company!

Troy... What are you flying? UB's 235 or one of the School aircraft?

If anyone is interested in sharing a cabin, let me know.

And I'm bringing one of those Razor scooters this year.... makes getting up and down the cabin row a bit faster.

(PS. I still laugh at Kimberly's statement about the red spheres on the power lines... "I guess it takes balls to fly in here")

Arghhhh....getting married June 18! Fly in is too close to wedding date.

I'm sure we could hang a sign that says "Bridal Suite" on one of the cabins.

Yeah, we could move the wedding up a week and do it at Gaston's. Chest waders, fly rods, airplanes, soooo romantic!

Yeah, we could move the wedding up a week and do it at Gaston's. Chest waders, fly rods, airplanes, soooo romantic!

Hey, it wouldn't be the first wedding at Gaston's. There was one in about 2009 or 2010. I took some of the bridesmaids for an airplane ride.

There was one last year when we were there too. It was outside, due west of the field. K and I did a low pass when I gave her a ride. Didn't know the wedding was going on. Gave them a pretty good buzz job. I'm sure they appreciated it.:redface:

Damn pilots.

Last edited:
Hey, it wouldn't be the first wedding at Gaston's. There was one in about 2009 or 2010. I took some of the bridesmaids for an airplane ride.

And I have a picture of a happy Kent with said ladies, let me rummage.

OK, ladies might be a bit of a stretch, they looked pretty young. :hairraise:

DSC_3277-X2.jpg

I'm pretty sure Kent's old enough to be their dad. ;)

If they are old enough for Ted to be their dad that makes me old enough to be their grandpa!!!

No idea, we are supposed to be going to Charleston SC sometime in June, not sure when.

You think I could get the Arrow in there (joking)?

Just called Gaston's to make reservations. They have a BIG family reunion booked that weekend! Of their 79 units they only have 20 left available..and they're ALL the high dollar, 2 BR, w/ a kitchen units (prox $200/night).

Might we want to reconsider the date?

Just called Gaston's to make reservations. They have a BIG family reunion booked that weekend! Of their 79 units they only have 20 left available..and they're ALL the high dollar, 2 BR, w/ a kitchen units (prox $200/night).

In that case, probably yes.

If we bump forward a week, it would be the week AFTER memorial day weekend. So that might be a candidate.

The 2BR units are nice. I'll be willing to split costs on one with someone else.

If we bump forward a week, it would be the week AFTER memorial day weekend. So that might be a candidate.

The 2BR units are nice. I'll be willing to split costs on one with someone else.

Just called back and checked for that weekend. That's the weekend of the lady taildraggers and OK taildraggers. As little or less availability than the 5th thru 8th.

I personally don't mind getting a 2br with a kitchen but it looks like the proposed weekend will be booked up in the very near future.

Open for all suggestions................

Back