Gaston's Fly In 2014 - 3M0

Thank you for getting this going Troy. I've failed to do so this year just because I am buried with work. That said, I will be there.

No problem Jesse. I booked a two bedroom Deluxe cabin. They didn't mention the big family reunion when I called and reserved. Do you think 20 double room units booked early and then split amongst attendees should be plenty for the "crowd" we usually have show up?

No problem Jesse. I booked a two bedroom Deluxe cabin. They didn't mention the big family reunion when I called and reserved. Do you think 20 double room units booked early and then split amongst attendees should be plenty for the "crowd" we usually have show up?

It should but I wouldn't want you to be on the hook for that many rooms. Attendance has been down the last few years but I have an idea as to how we can boost that.

It should but I wouldn't want you to be on the hook for that many rooms. Attendance has been down the last few years but I have an idea as to how we can boost that.

Ha! I hope I didn't give the impression that I would reserve that many! I have my room reserved... Others that want to be there need to get on the phone and make a reservation!

What's your idea? Are you booking The Eagles for a private concert? ;-)

Dancing girls? Outdoor air conditioning?

Steak sandwich stealing contest?

Not much chance of Jay leaving the hotel in June...

Rick, Maule?! She's got some get up and go!

Yup. M7-235 in that video. Standard day. Not too far from gross. Was a fun flight as I was taking someone up for a ride who, by shear coincidence, was from my little town in central Mexico. He and I both just happened to be at Gastons at the same time while commuting to Chicago. Him by car and me by Maule.

Got an email from them today. The gastronomically fearless will now be happy to know the restaurant is open seven days a week. ;-)

Got an email from them today. The gastronomically fearless patient will now be happy to know the restaurant is open seven days a week. ;-)

FTFY

And found out that our sandwiches will be safe. K has accepted a summer job that will keep her from attending. Bummer though, since all kidding about food theivery aside, she was a delight to have amongst our company.

Don't worry too much on it. There will be plenty more fly ins I'm sure. Though no sandwiches worth stealing. :rofl:

I would love to go. Just got my ticket and ifr should be done by then. My cherokee six will be done and Rdy by April. Ill get a room. I am based out of ktki and could possibly take someone. Sounds fun!!

Just called Gaston's to make reservations. They have a BIG family reunion booked that weekend! Of their 79 units they only have 20 left available..and they're ALL the high dollar, 2 BR, w/ a kitchen units (prox $200/night).

Might we want to reconsider the date?

Just called back and checked for that weekend. That's the weekend of the lady taildraggers and OK taildraggers. As little or less availability than the 5th thru 8th.

So... Anyone for the 12th-15th? :dunno: Who's in charge of this?

Just booked my room Friday June 6. Figure get there early that day ad leave out late sat. Still had $99 rooms avail.

May come thurs. Don't know yet but at least a place to sleep Friday. Got kids stuff Sunday pm. Almost 2 days fishing not bad.

Back