Gastons flightaware thread

Bill

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
This page intentionally left blank
For those that wish to do so, post your tail # as you launch, and we can all watch your progress.

We'll be launching tomorrow morning, ~1130Z, tail # N152CF.

N2070N and we barely have a radio and no transponder, so you'll just have to see us when we get there.

Flightaware doesn't usually do (at least I've never gotten tracked) it under flight following. IFR plans only I believe. That said, you won't see me. I'm out of here in about an hour, with a 2 hour stop in Indy, then to Lamberts in Sikestown, then into Gaston's.

That front tomorrow will not let me through and I wouldn't be arriving till after dark most likely As I'd have to wait till 8pm for it to move through Indiana before I can get there. Hopefully Gaston's has an empty room tonight?!?!?

We're planning to launch tomorrow in N7111W. Basically anytime after about 8:30 AM when the weather looks okay to us. Hope to do lunch at Gastons, but we might follow Ed's lead and divert to Sikeston for lunch so we won't need dinner! LOL!

What's the identifier for Gaston's? That will list all inbound aircraft.

Originally posted by EdFred
then to Lambert's in Sikestown

Look out for them Throwed Rolls there at Lambert's in Sikeston!

Grazie...

Good luck, smooth and blue skies, and tailwinds to all en-route. I'm really looking forward to hearing reports on the weekend.

Flightaware is not finding 3M0... but it looks like Bill is almost to Charleston AFB in N152CF.

Should be on Flightaware around noon. N57039

Flightaware is not finding 3M0... but it looks like Bill is almost to Charleston AFB in N152CF.

Another club member is flying the aircraft today, let's hope he brings it back this afternoon in one piece!!! :yes:

No instrument approaches to 3M0, so that may be why it's not on FlightAware.

BTW, did anybody else notice all the pictures on Gaston's site from the previous PoA flyins? I mention that because they have runway information there, too.

It looks like Joe Areeda is enroute now. :) He keeps going up and down.

Thank you muchly... wow, he's coming from pretty far off!

thats the great thing about Gastons PJ, literally people from every corner of the US. I cant think of many other single weekend fly ins that draw people from that kind of distance.

Well, you can bet your bottom dollar that after I have my license next year, I'll be coming up in a rented 172 or if I can convince him to come too, my mentor's Bonanza.

It looks like Joe Areeda is enroute now. :) He keeps going up and down.
hmm, thermals over TRM? flying at 11k gives me a headache.
You all have fun at gastons.

hmm, thermals over TRM? flying at 11k gives me a headache.
You all have fun at gastons.

could be some wave action out there. winds aloft are pretty strong.

highest cabin altitude ive ever gotten was a little over 12,000 in a glider in west Texas. didnt stay up there for long though, didnt notice any headaches.

could be some wave action out there. winds aloft are pretty strong.

highest cabin altitude ive ever gotten was a little over 12,000 in a glider in west Texas. didnt stay up there for long though, didnt notice any headaches.
I spent 6 hours at 11k', and then spent the night at SAF (6300'msl or so). I felt lousy. The next day, I was feeling better, and 11k didn't bother me so much.
Now-a-days, 90% of my flights don't go above 1800' msl...I'm just not used to being up high.

I'll file to KBPK to be sure I'm in Flightaware. Without winds (and TS to dodge) it should be about 3:20. We'll see.

If you file to 3M0 you'll still be on Flightaware. James Dean did and his track is on there.

I'll file to KBPK to be sure I'm in Flightaware. Without winds (and TS to dodge) it should be about 3:20. We'll see.

A big we'll see for tomorrow, progs and TAF's don't look so great.

My planned departure time from KFCM is 3:30 pm CDT (20:30Z). From there I'm stopping at KCBF to pick up Jason. I'll probably file to KBPK and divert to 3m0 if the wx and runway are OK. I suspect that with all the rain in the forecast, it might be a bit soft. N9025Q.

Geez. An hour and change for bot' of you. It don't wanna hear it.

Dave Taylor!!!! Are you at Gaston's?!?!

in the flesh, jes trying to wind down from a long week and rather long day. Great to see the smilin faces of some fellow POAers!
I think Spike logged the fastest ground speeds getting here. Some of the 'northeners' battled headwinds and turbulence with great fortitude.
Despite the looks of the prog chart I am hopeful for the rest of y'all traveling here tomorrow. (My plan is to get another tailwind home this time on the backside of that front. :) )

We made it as far as Bentonville, met Chip Gibbons who redefines the word "hospitality". Thank you Chip. When we asked Diana if there was a hangar available to keep the plane out of the potentail hail we did not expect to be taken care of this well.

Looks like we'll arrive at Mountain Home before noon as the TS move out of the area.

Attached the route (sort of) we flew. I'll post the actual track logs soon. We only filed IFR the first leg. Everything else was VFR with FF. It was about 9 hrs wheels up to arrival. Three stops to make it more relaxing.

Winds aloft were up to 50 kts at times they were direct tailwinds. I have some pictures of our little Cirrus hitting 220 kts level and almost 250 in the descents. Edit: OK there's a picture of the PFD attached.

I have to check CONUS Challenge but we may have 2 claims.

Joe

Attachments

• KEMT-KVBT.png
    KEMT-KVBT.png
    960.9 KB · Views: 45
  • nsf.png
    nsf.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
We should be leaving about 9:00 Sat. morning. On Flightaware, we'll be in N322KS. We'll try to post if we do something much different.

Best,

Dave

I expect to get airborne between 08:30 and 9:00 Saturday for the 68NM trek from Clarksville to Gaston's in N658FL. I'll be using flight following but not on an IFR flight plan. Does that show up on flight aware?

Last edited:
I expect to get airborne between 08:30 and 9:00 Saturday for the 68NM trek from Clarksville to Gaston's in N658FL. I'll be using flight following but not on an IFR flight plan. Does that show up on flight aware?
68 nm? Sigh. I get to come 660 nm.

We'll be departing somewhat later. Overcast at about 2500 AGL now with some cumulo-granite close to that high between here and there.

Back