Gastons call for entries

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
Chip and I are compiling photos -- it was his idea -- so if you have some good ones please email them to me at n614ac@yahoo.com. (You can also post them on the site, if you want, but I don't want to overwhelm the server.) The plan is to compile photos and video on CD. If you have appropriate software, caption them as you like. (Hi res is encouraged. There are no bandwidth issues on my end.)

Second, I would like to encourage anyone to write two paragraphs or so of "what I did on my Gaston's vacation" and email them to me. I'd like to extract the best for an article I'm writing.

Great meeting everyone!

Last edited:
I'll get you some pictures as soon as I get them developed. I'm beat...very long day. Hopefully tomorrow. And a write-up too.

Ok - these pictures are of a pretty poor quality - as they are taken from my cellphone. Once again, tomorrow I'll have the real ones.

Ken Ibold said:
Chip and I are compiling photos -- it was his idea -- so if you have some good ones please email them to me at kibold@cfl.rr.com. (You can also post them on the site, if you want, but I don't want to overwhelm the server.) The plan is to compile photos and video on CD. If you have appropriate software, caption them as you like. (Hi res is encouraged. There are no bandwidth issues on my end.)

Second, I would like to encourage anyone to write two paragraphs or so of "what I did on my Gaston's vacation" and email them to me. I'd like to extract the best for an article I'm writing.

Great meeting everyone!

Fantastic idea for those of us that did't make it. I'm looking forward for the pics and article.

OK Ken - I posted a long synopsis of my trip to Gastons on my webpage. If you want to take anything out of the story, feel free. If you are looking for something a bit more focused, let me know - I'll write it and email it to you.

http://w3.tvi.edu/~nbrennan1/Flightdiary.html

I sent about 56 or so digital pictures that I took to Chip on a CD via snailmail. (I'm not in a single one :( ). I hope they contribute to the collection!

I'm working on a way to post pics from Gaston's. I'll let you know when it's ready.

Steve said:
I must have really done something bad at Gaston's.

I got a

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:
Recipient address: kibold@cfl.rr.com
Reason: Server rejected MAIL FROM address.
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.7.1 Mail Refused - 66.82.4.91

when I attempted electronic communication.

Darn it. Diana is having that trouble, too. Use this address n614ac@yahoo.com and I'll edit the original post.

gibbons said:
Ken,
You might consider paying your bills. :D

No, he needs to change to an ISP that doesn't use brain damaged spam blacklists.

Many of them got power mad. They blacklist an entire domain or address block because ONE person complains about ONE email coming from it.

The theory is the ISP will be careful next who they host next time. One of the majors blacklisted all of AOL and GMail. No big deal, he says, it goes away in a day.

Ken,

I'll post these to you via email in higher resolution format.

bill

Back