Gastons Braille1 Arrival.

Wait! You don't show the row of lights on the cottages,

I couldn't feel the little bump patterns on my screen. What's up with that???

yea you can see the flood lights over the fog and Eamon's headlights at the end. but really...that plate ya got there pretty much takes care of it ed.

I luv it!

Next revision will need the flagpole missed approach point and the power line hold fix.

Wait 'til you see the FLIPPIN-DAM VFR Arrival...hehe.

yea you can see the flood lights over the fog and Eamon's headlights at the end. but really...that plate ya got there pretty much takes care of it ed.

I didn't get any headlights, or "Baron beacon", you must have been on the Myopia2 Arrival.

I liked the landing announcement: "We're good to go..."

I tripped on the rail fence, walking out to see what the moving light was it was so dark!
Good reason not to stroll the runway at night!

I am sorry Ed. By the time I saw you were going to land, I would have never had the car set up in time. I prolly couldn't find my car keys in that much darkness even if I had tried :hairraise:

I am sorry Ed. By the time I saw you were going to land, I would have never had the car set up in time. I prolly couldn't find my car keys in that much darkness even if I had tried :hairraise:

Eamon, Who is that standing beside you????

Missa

chip
that 140 has a hell of a landing light. :D

In picture:

Sue (like you didn't know that)
Tony Condon
Eamon
Lance Fisher
Spike Cutler

We'll need to form a committee to acquire portable, high-intensity xenon lights to illuminate the touchdown zone from NASA KSC if we intend to support night landings at Gaston's in the future....:rolleyes:

81656main_land-night.jpg

I'm not making this up.

Nah, just get some of those coil door stoppers that we used to rattle when we were kids, put some LEDs on them, and stuff em in the ground. Poor man's rabbit lights.

seriously all we need is a couple bright flashlights at the approach end. i wouldnt want them to illuminate the trees, too distracting. just mark the sides, if you stay between them you'll stay on the runway.

Nah, just get some of those coil door stoppers that we used to rattle when we were kids, put some LEDs on them, and stuff em in the ground. Poor man's rabbit lights.

I'd just like an arrow to indicate this particular field is indeed an airport IN THE DAYTIME!

We'll need to form a committee to acquire portable, high-intensity xenon lights to illuminate the touchdown zone from NASA KSC if we intend to support night landings at Gaston's in the future....:rolleyes:

We could just turn around half of the high intensity lights they have blasting the river to shine on the runway. Can you say, "Light pollution?"

chris-
it looks bad from that end. but from the plane, we could easily see where the trees and runway were. dark was trees, light was runway.

as EdFred has said - DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. if you haven't come into Gastons before or aren't familiar and comfortable with the surrounding ridge and the goalpost trees then fer cryin out loud go to Mountain Home or the Flippin airport and we'll come get you.

Amen.
chris-
it looks bad from that end. but from the plane, we could easily see where the trees and runway were. dark was trees, light was runway.

as EdFred has said - DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. if you haven't come into Gastons before or aren't familiar and comfortable with the surrounding ridge and the goalpost trees then fer cryin out loud go to Mountain Home or the Flippin airport and we'll come get you.

Back