Gaston's 2013

By this time next year the last rugrat will be off to college I hope. Our plan is to move as soon as he is out of sight and not let any of them know where we moved to. We are hoping that will free up some of our time and money to do some things we would enjoy. Time will tell.

Apply now for the witness protection program. Processing time for admittance takes about a year.

By this time next year the last rugrat will be off to college I hope. Our plan is to move as soon as he is out of sight and not let any of them know where we moved to. We are hoping that will free up some of our time and money to do some things we would enjoy. Time will tell.

Mainly, sitting next to the runway and socializing. And some plane flying, drinking, and eating, in that order. Some do go out fishing, walking the nature trails. There has in the past been a poker run to some nearby airports. We've also had baking contests.

I find myself dreaming about food...

...Leslie's Gumbo (or was it Jambalaya? Who cares.... drool!)...

...pies...

Mostly, it's about hanging around by the flightline and watching/flying/talking about planes.

...pies...

Mostly, it's about hanging around by the flightline and watching/flying/talking about planes.

Flightline, friends, food and drink - lots of good memories of Gastons. Got me through my unexpected surgery a few years ago, a mental escape from the hospital bed.

It's been a little while since we've been back, perhaps time to consider returning; will have to prioritize packing the magic cooking pot :)

...pies...

I guess I gotta rely on daydreaming this year cause I can't go...almost any other weekend would of worked

Flightline, friends, food and drink - lots of good memories of Gastons. Got me through my unexpected surgery a few years ago, a mental escape from the hospital bed.

It's been a little while since we've been back, perhaps time to consider returning; will have to prioritize packing the magic cooking pot :)
oooh! If you're going, so am I!

I guess I gotta rely on daydreaming this year cause I can't go...almost any other weekend would of worked

Well heck, you're luxuriating at the Biltmore right now, so you've already had your vacation! LOL

Since I'm not going to Alaska anymore Gastons is definitely happening for me this year! Grant and Leslie it would be great to see y'all there!

Well heck, you're luxuriating at the Biltmore right now, so you've already had your vacation! LOL

Yeah, unfortunately, it isn't vacation related. :mad:

But, so far, no one has said I can't go.

Subject to change at any moment. :yes:

What are the typical activities at and around Gaston's? I am in for just getting out of the city, but swmbo is not keen on fishing or swimming. Boutique shopping in town?

Last year a group went up to the Branson Landing. It's a nice development. I haven't been there except for one very brief visit, but hear there's some reasonably upscale shopping and restaurants there. Maybe Nate will chime in with the logistics of getting there.

Good trout fishing in Branson, Lake TaneyComo (horrible spelling< I know)

Last year a group went up to the Branson Landing. It's a nice development. I haven't been there except for one very brief visit, but hear there's some reasonably upscale shopping and restaurants there. Maybe Nate will chime in with the logistics of getting there.

I have not flown to either place, but we go to Branson 2 or 3 times a year. Gastons to Branson is a 36nm flight NW over absolutely beautiful country. The best place to land for shopping in Branson is PLK. I think they call it Clark Downtown Airport now, used to be Taney County Airport. I don't know if they have a courtesy car, but Avis can have one waiting for you. It's a few miles up to Branson Landing or "the Strip". Branson is a great little town. It's known mostly for it's shows. There are musical acts of all kinds, comedy shows, acrobatic and magic shows daily, Silver Dollar City amusement/theme park is nearby, water parks, several golf courses, a few museums, lots of shopping of all kinds. It's also kind of known for it's outlet malls. Lots and lots of eateries too.

This is a long way for me at today's fuel prices, and I'm hoping to do one MUCH longer trip this summer. But I'd love to do it sometime, and I won't rule it out completely this year. :)

I'd love to go but I can't give a 100% answer yet...so it's a maybe. However keep in mind that last year I said "maybe" as well and I ended up going.

Do we have an exact date yet?

Karen said she wouldn't mind if I went out solo this year, but so much on the plate (we've pretty much decided we're moving into dad's former house, and I've apparently collected 12 years worth of crap at the other house...), I give it a fairly low probability right now. Might look better later.

Back